Removing exhaust

johnnyturnip

If they snap with an impact driver then they will more than likely snap any other way

An impact driver is by far the safest way to remove these type of bolts

If your in no rush then keep soaking them in wd40 for a few days and apply heat too

condensation nothing to worry about

bit of heat sealant may help but is there a weep hole for it to come out of on the bottom of the can? it could be running down

block the end up while its running to see if the exhaust is blowing anywhere

Yeah I could feel it blowing mate. I may go and get some exhaust sealant but I've been told to just use silicone other then that it seems ok. Only ridden it back from work and all seemed well.

Cheers

Ah thanks for that to be honest a few people said use silicone and the exhaust manufactuer said it also. I dont mind spending a few quid on exhaust sealant if I have too just been told silicone is good to go. I'm at a loss now....

What's wrong with silicone? That's what I use. :-)

Makes it all air tight then clogs itself with carbon. Loads easier to get apart than exhaust sealant.

From what I'm reading it needs to be a high temp silicone and normal silicone goes up to 250degrees it's long of ruined my day tomorrow as I was going to do it first thing now it's going to be a right faff trying to find a shop on my dinner break.

I've used gum gum before and as said above it turns brittle and falls out from all the vibrations. I ended up using exhaust tape where my end can met the downpipe not the prettiest of fixes but worked a treat.

Get some high temp silicon sealant. On the end can to the link pipe it will work a treat. Gum gum is just a temporary fix. A proper gasket should be used from the link pipe to the down pipes.