Fattened my bars by accident

Cpt_Tact

Well I was installing some new bash guards on my SV650n and went a little to far tightening up the bolt so basically I now have cruise control!

I have ordered a set of replacement bars as I can't find anyone in South Wales who has some or even some Renthals but my question is is there anything I can do temporarily to remove the stickiness or should I just put up with it for the next few days as I only do 5 miles to work and back. I considered taking the bars apart and tapping in the offending bulge but thought it might weaken the all ready soft metal!

Any ideas greatly received!

By bash guards, I presume you mean guards which protect your levers? In which case, don't they work in the same principle as bar ends, where you tighten a bolt, which expands a bit of rubber in the bars? If so, is it possible to simply undo the bolt, move the guards out a bit and re-tighten? I remember tightening some bar ends on my old bike and having cruise control on it. I just, as I said, loosened them, moved them out and held them in plae as I tightened, to be sure it wasn't rubbing on the throttle.

P.S. the above may make no sense at all. I'm not sure we are both on about the same thing here haha

Yep checked all clearances and nothing is touching and by bash guards (bark busters) I mean to protect your levers/ hands :)

I have removed the attachments completely as well but it looks like what I thought was a a loose bolt was actually me forcing the plunger to expand the handlebar tubing and thus pressing on the throttle!

I have even tried removing the throttle housing to see if I could tap in the expansion just to get me by but that's not coming off either so this is a right balls up

Forgive me I'm a mechanical noob. But if it's only the throttle side can you flip the bars around?

Unfortunately not as the naked SV650 has bars like a push bike rather than clip on's like a sports bike :(

I ordered a rental bar and new grips so just moved than project forward a month or so :)

You would have to go some to swage the bars open enough to foul the throttle grip - mechanism , l would of thought a thread or bolt would let go first! Do's the grip still foul if you remove the guard? Back track before you go ordering replacement parts.