Sending off driving licence

Looking forward with optimism, I have my mod 2 next Tuesday after passing mod 1 yesterday. I don't need my driving licence BUT I'm moving house imminently, looking to exchange next week and move the week after I.e complete with 3 weeks from now (been waiting 10 already!!).

I've been strongly encouraged by my instructor to let the dsa test centre to send it off for me - apparently once the mod 2 is over and complete the test centre will take your documents and send them off for you. This sounds really convenient but with moving I'm unsure what to do. My instructor told me to amend the address at the same time but I've not moved and don't like the idea of doing this! If it falls through or comes back early, I might not be in my new address. If I put on my current address I might have moved or if not, will have to immediately send it off again to renew the address! I could of course keep the certificates and send it off once moved but then this is really inconvenient and although sounds daft, with moving worries about losing everything and then forgetting to send it off! Also, if I don't send it off, can I still get a bike or does my licence need updating before I can ride. Of course all this is presuming I pass my mod 2.

I'd like to know what you guys would do?

Chris

I would get the examiner to send it off. You then get to keep your pass cert (which you should never lose as in the tech age is your only proof of passing).

Fill the form in for change of address to your parents address and then when you actually move send off for change of address to your new address

I passed my mod 2 on Monday craynerd at the end of the test the examiner said I could leave everything with him and he will send it all off or if you need your licence you can do it yourself but it may take longer to come back.

If the DSA do it for you then you keep your certificate as proof of passing, if you decide to do it yourself you have to send the certificate off to the DVLA with your licence (thus losing your proof of passing), I agree with Deso let the examiner send it off for you it saves so much hassle.

Also I did hear (not sure how true it is) you only have 2 years to send your licence off after passing, if you fail to do so you have to start all over again from CBT :( , save yourself any hassle and let the examiner do it for you :-)

:crybaby: :crybaby: Ahhh! I'd forgot I had posted this thread. I did ask the bike examiner and he agreed I should send it off so I've now got it at home.

You can't be serious ??? There must be some other electronic proof that I passed the exam????

I guess now, I have to send it off signed for and tracked to ensure it arrives!! Now I'm worried. I also didn't realise it was free to amend your address. I should have just let him send it off and put parents address on like was advised. I could have them freely changed my address to the new address!

Chris

get a full size colour copy of it before you send it off

DVLA won't accept copies as proof. You need the original that has all the watermarks and silver stamp etc on.

People have lost their A entitlements over the years due to incompetence at the DVLA (computer says no) and I've heard that even copies of driving licences legally checked and signed by solicitors has not been enough proof, so those unfortunate people have had to take test again to acquire the category.

A quick Google will bring up loads of stuff on this fiasco