Do you wear a back protector?

Or rely on protection within your jacket? Or maybes not at all?

My 1pc leathers dont seem to have any back protection, especially the lower half, not sure at the top u derneath the hump but i dont think there is any.

My pootering around leather jacket has some sort of foam pad already fitted which i think can be removed.

Question is have you purchased a specific back protector and if so which one?

The more i think about it the more i feel i should have one. My mate wont get on his bike without one after believing he saved his spine when hitting a barrier back first.

I rely on the pad in my jacket. I now have a fairly serious spinal issue from a crash back in May. I should get a proper back protector that bit of foam in a jacket is not much good.

I've upgraded mine but still an insert in the jacket. Keep meaning to get a full back one as it snot like you can have too much protection!

I have a Knox Forcefield L2 or something. Brilliant piece of kit not that ive ever used it to its full potential, neither do i want to. Its great i dont qear it enough tends to be when im out for a hoon. If im popping across town or to work i dont bother although i probably should.

I find its a bit uncomfortabke in my textile jacket because of the cut whrre as my leather sports jackets it grand.

I always wear my Knox Contour without fail, even if I'm not going far. I've never trusted the sponge pads that come in the jackets, pointless. If I forget to put it on it's like forgetting to put the seatbelt on in a car, just feels weird! Even when I bought my first bike I rode around for a week with a Haynes manual in a backpack as a substitute while I waited for my Knox to arrive lol!! Probably would have done more harm than good looking back...

They come in two levels, level one and level 2. Level 2 is best. Try a few on, some are more bulky than others, some have straps that can rub under your arm pits, I like the Knox Contour because it's fairly unobtrusive, and is adjustable so I can get a good fit. I think they do two flavours, road and track where the track one is slightly longer at the bottom because of the flat-on-tank riding style. Not suitable if you sit upright on the road. Another good manufacturer is Forcefield.

I purchased 2 of the Furgygan D30 spine protectors, Level 2 for the RST one piece that covers down to my arse and to my shoulder blades and one level 1 for my RST jacket which just covers the central spine and about 4 inches either side. I bought them because the one that came standard in my Furygan jacket really won me over as I never new it was there when riding.

The D30 stuff I find very very comfortable as its flexible until an impact and then it goes hard to absorb and dissipate the impact shock. I wont personally ride without a back protector but it was drummed in to me when riding motox and after hitting a few trees/ stones at about 30 mph it makes a massive difference with being able to walk away with some bruising and some soreness rather than carried away.