Sometimes....

....I get a bit disheartened and frustrated by my slow progress. And I compare myself with other people, which I know we shouldn't do. And it's a pain having to work 9 - 5 at this time of the year so it's always dark after work and I'm not ready to go out in the dark yet; or in foul weather.

Then I look back at where I was a month ago. And if I look back at where I was two months ago, I don't think I'm the same person. I've only had my bike four weeks and maybe ridden it six times so far. So really, it's not all that bad. It just feels like that sometimes when I read other people's posts and they passed their CBT half an hour ago and have already booked their trip down Route 66 on a Harley.

Somebody give me a slap.

....I get a bit disheartened and frustrated by my slow progress. And I compare myself with other people, which I know we shouldn't do. And it's a pain having to work 9 - 5 at this time of the year so it's always dark after work and I'm not ready to go out in the dark yet; or in foul weather.

Then I look back at where I was a month ago. And if I look back at where I was two months ago, I don't think I'm the same person. I've only had my bike four weeks and maybe ridden it six times so far. So really, it's not all that bad. It just feels like that sometimes when I read other people's posts and they passed their CBT half an hour ago and have already booked their trip down Route 66 on a Harley.

Somebody give me a slap.

pass your test and come to Germany next September.. hows that for a goal. just 41 weeks away, so no rush....

How far to the nearest supermarket car park :scratch: Take a short trip down to there and you can practise all of you slow movements :thumb: Once you've mastered that it should give you more confidence and then you can tackle the roadat the weekend weather permitting that is :salute:

Speak to your local training school about a control course.

A local school offerd this to my other half, they set out a course that can only be completed using control, you do it with them one full time thenthey leave you for3 hours on your own going over it again and again and by the end of the three hours you should have better control of the bike than most

I just tried googling it but nothing has comeup this course is most probably something just set up by my local training school.

You need to find an open area you can use for it, and set out a series of drills like slalom, figure 8, u-turn slow ride, basically all the componants in a mod 1, but set it out in a way that it can be completed start to finish without stopping, and then start from the beginning and keep doing it. If you put your foot down start again. This will seem tedious but will prove beneficial in a way you wont understand.

Good idea, there is a car park nearby (attached to one of the local heritage centres) that I can use, just not sure if it's big enough but it is definitely big enough for practicing quite a lot of the stuff. Supermarket ones are all on the other side of town through lots of horrendous traffic, unfortunately.

I am going to give you a good slap!

Desiderata-never compare yourself to anyone else!

How many other ladies, of our certain age, are even giving this a go? Of the ones that harbour a secret desire, only a tiny percentage will have the courage to try, they'll have a "oh I could never do that" attitude.

So go put the kettle on, sit yourself down and have a good long hard word with yourself. You'll do this at the pace that's right for you.

End of lecture.

:o