L plate placement

Guest wiseinstinct

Recently bought an apollo (orion) rx50, i have placed my rear L plate with no trouble, however have not got enough room on the front to be able to place in under/above my front light, and cannot place it along forks as they are not long enough and it would also knock into side fairing. Has anyone got an idea on where to place it on the bike, thanks

thanks for the quick reply and help, the thing is the forks are to wide, i already have the clip that you posted and there is only about 2 inches above the headlight which is nowhere near the space needed, but thanks for the help

i was thinking about making a bracket, however i will see if the l plate on the mudguard works out and fits properly, thanks for the help :)

Worth a try. If you are stopped explain the situation and that you'll resolve it as soon as possible. Make sure the rear l-plate is correct though.

I bet you the price of a new l-plate you won't get stopped for a mudguard mounted l-plate... Doesnt mean its strictly legal though.

IMO the rear matters more with the hole "upright vertical" law/rule as for the front just get a sticky/adhesive and whack it on top of the front mud guard.. no one can say it's not there, right?

+ I never liked the idea of having a bracket to the side of my wheel just because it would dictate the lean angle around corners, or if I put it on the forks then would I want it getting in the way or coming loose when going over bumps.

sure thing thanks, sounds like you may have used that excuse before ?? :o

Haven't had to yet, thankfully.. I guess it depends on what you've been stopped for and how much the officer wants to ruin your day, either way as sad on a stand alone issue my money goes on not getting stopped, it's one of those small rules that you question why it exists.

On the other hand my honest response would be "I've spent enough money on broken L plates for the rear as it is, why am I going to invest more pounds into a bracket etc".. just ensure the rear L plate is in a visible place and is tied down properly, should avoid any hassle for that issue then.