Fitting satnav to bike

Does anyone know where I can get a bracket to fit a satnav to my ZZR? All the brackets or holders that I have found fit around a tubular handlebar but of course the ZZR doesn't have a tubular handlebar.

Does anyone know where I can get a bracket to fit a satnav to my ZZR? All the brackets or holders that I have found fit around a tubular handlebar but of course the ZZR doesn't have a tubular handlebar.

Try here my friend

http://www.ultimateaddons.co.uk/Vehicle ... ttachments

This looks good ... so does this just wrap around the yoke? If so, is it really secure?

The straps go round the yokes, then sort of back on themselves and behind the pouch. They have uber strong Velcro on them so after going back on themselves and behind they are velcro-ing to themselves. I often have a large satnav and a phone wedged behind it in the pouch and it is secure. It's the best cheap option I've tried, the cheap versions of stem mounts on eBay are terrible and I'm too stingy/broke/miserly/welsh to get one of the expensive ones.

I've got a Givi velcro'd holder somewhere.......trouble is that it steamed up in rain, so I couldn't see the screen......the clear plastic window is a bit too reflective also.......so I gave up with it and got the hard case I've got on the bike now, which has an antiglare window and less airgap to reduce the steaming up...... :wink:

Yes, Stu, I intend to use a TomTom One. Would love a dedicated bike satnav but can't afford the £300 price tag for a decent one.

Tango, I won't be using it much in the rain or damp weather so steaming up shouldn't be an issue but the glare might.

l already did, Stu. Looking at between £250 and £300 for a TomTom Rider. :(

Just spent £200 on my Givi box. Money is a little tight so I have do cheap as at the moment.

Edited by Phooey

stick zumo 550 into eBay search.. these are still supported and are rather good. because they're a few years old they turn up regularly at very reasonable prices. because some bikers mentioning no names and definitely not looking in the mirror.. think that latest is always bestest.

look hard enough.. or be patient enough and you'll get all the hardware you need. powered mount etc. finding a specific mount for your bike will be a doddle. theres all sorts out there.

Ok, so I think I will get a cheap £15 case from fleabay and use the TomTom One until I find something that I can afford. Birthday isn't too far away so maybe a few sweet talks to OH will get me a nice birthday prezzie.

In the meantime I will use a spare power cable I have for the TomTom and wire into the bike. (Will need satnav to get to the cafe in April. Assuming weather holds out.) I am thinking wire directly to the battery with a fuse spliced in the live cable. What size fuse do you think? 5A be enough?

Ok, so I think I will get a cheap £15 case from fleabay and use the TomTom One until I find something that I can afford. Birthday isn't too far away so maybe a few sweet talks to OH will get me a nice birthday prezzie.

In the meantime I will use a spare power cable I have for the TomTom and wire into the bike. (Will need satnav to get to the cafe in April. Assuming weather holds out.) I am thinking wire directly to the battery with a fuse spliced in the live cable. What size fuse do you think? 5A be enough?

Hi, 5amp is more than enough

Hi, 5amp is more than enough

1amp is enough.

if your wiring in a cig lighter charger make sure you leave all the internals intact as the out put is different to you bikes power

sticking 12v (14 charging) will blow your sat nav up

if your wiring in a cig lighter charger make sure you leave all the internals intact as the out put is different to you bikes power

sticking 12v (14 charging) will blow your sat nav up

Oh shit ... that's exactly what would have happened then! I was going to cut the plug off and wire straight in. lol

So keep the cable intact and just wire a socket from the battery with an inline fuse?

Begining to think I am too thick to be doing my own mods ... lol

yes something like that or fit a cig lighter socket :)

did I just save your sat nav from death :lol: :lol:

if you look on the charger it will tell you what voltage and amps it puts out

probably 5v @ 1amp