What to do with helmet while at college

I am going back to college for the 2nd year in September and I am going to be using my bike as transport instead of getting the bus. I'm wondering what I can do with my helmet during the day. I know from last year that they have lockers at the college but they're not big enough to fit a helmet in. Last year I saw people carrying their helmets around with them throughout the day but I can see this getting really annoying having to take it to each lesson all day. Would locking the helmet to the bike be a silly idea? It's not a very big college and the car park is in front of the reception area so it's unlikely someone would cut the lock and steal it. What do you think would be the best thing to do?

I am going back to college for the 2nd year in September and I am going to be using my bike as transport instead of getting the bus. I'm wondering what I can do with my helmet during the day. I know from last year that they have lockers at the college but they're not big enough to fit a helmet in. Last year I saw people carrying their helmets around with them throughout the day but I can see this getting really annoying having to take it to each lesson all day. Would locking the helmet to the bike be a silly idea? It's not a very big college and the car park is in front of the reception area so it's unlikely someone would cut the lock and steal it. What do you think would be the best thing to do?

get your self a top box and then lock your helmet in it.

or

use it as a chat up line, "wanna stroke my helmet" ...lol

get your self a top box and then lock your helmet in it.

or

use it as a chat up line, "wanna stroke my helmet" ...lol

I don't think I'd want a top box on my bike all the time and most of the people on my course are male seen as it's motor vehicle so the second option is out of the question lol

I was looking at one of these, for £5 you can go wrong really. If I stick the helmet on the right handguard and lock it to it, it's sort of extra security because someone can't use the throttle either.

51tsLPWXsNL._SL1500_.jpg.4062eea31496f21d5b0398e4d1883c09.jpg

And then when it rains you have a soggy helmet to wear on your ride home!

I'm probably too over protective of my helmet, but I never leave it with my bike. You never know if someone has knocked into it, kicked it, bashed it, scratched the visor... in a top box it is at least safer than hanging loose.

Mine sits in the filing cupboard at work, goes in the basket/trolley when I'm shopping, it sat on my lap and occasionally the water bottle rack at the court when I was up for jury duty (then on the table when I was picked....)

You can get helmet bags that you can wear as a shoulder bag or a back pack. Alternatively, can you ask around at collage and see if their are larger lockers anywhere? Maybe take it up with the student union?

If there is a lost and found you could maybe make a deal to leave your kit there instead of a locker?

And then when it rains you have a soggy helmet to wear on your ride home!

I'm probably too over protective of my helmet, but I never leave it with my bike. You never know if someone has knocked into it, kicked it, bashed it, scratched the visor... in a top box it is at least safer than hanging loose.

Mine sits in the filing cupboard at work, goes in the basket/trolley when I'm shopping, it sat on my lap and occasionally the water bottle rack at the court when I was up for jury duty (then on the table when I was picked....)

You can get helmet bags that you can wear as a shoulder bag or a back pack. Alternatively, can you ask around at collage and see if their are larger lockers anywhere? Maybe take it up with the student union?

If there is a lost and found you could maybe make a deal to leave your kit there instead of a locker?

I wouldn't mind keeping it on me if I was in one place for most of the day but I am constantly changing rooms. Also during a 20 minute break I go to the shop like a 5 minute walk away and wouldn't take the bike, so I'd have to walk around outside with a helmet and no bike. I'll ask around and see if there is anywhere I can keep it.

I bought a cheap (still protective) helmet for when i went to college (once a week) i just locked it to the helmet lock on the bike with a carrier bag around it. Was mostly dry and it was only a 15min ride home. You could do same as above with a bike lock.

I don't know if I'm missing a point here but can't you just leave it with reception?

This is what I thought at first but I've heard they don't like the students doing it because it clutters the space behind the desk. I'll ask though.