Slow puncture

LittleRider

Novice alert!!!

As the title says, i seem to have a slow puncture in both god damn wheels.

I check the tire pressures before each ride because at the moment i'm only using it a couple times a week (maybe 2-3 times, so wasnt sure if this was anything to do with it)

Each time i check the tire pressure they are around 11psi in the front and 20psi in the back. Both blown up to the correct tire pressure for a ybr 125cc.

Whats the best way of checking for slow punctures and whats the best way to fix them (if any)

Thanks in advance guys :)

Take the dust caps off the valve stems, and put some spit into the valve stems, if you can see bubbles appearing the valve cores are leaking and might need replacing. A simple fix, parts and the valve tool are available in Halfords quite cheaply. If this is not the problem put something like Gloop into the tyres, you will have to ride the bike around for a while though to distribute the stuff around the inside of the tyres.

use some washing up liquid mixed with water and put some round the valve and around the edge of the tyre where it seals on the rim and look for bubbles appearing it is very possibly a leaky valve so make sure you check round them carefully

This!!

If this is not the problem put something like Gloop into the tyres, you will have to ride the bike around for a while though to distribute the stuff around the inside of the tyres.

Other half bought a bike that unbeknown to him had been "glooped" we were going to Brands Hatch when must have ran over something that put a hole in the tyre. Gloop EVERYWHERE. Seriously EVERYWHERE. And it's a bugger to clean off bodywork by the time you get home a couple hours later.

If this is not the problem put something like Gloop into the tyres, you will have to ride the bike around for a while though to distribute the stuff around the inside of the tyres.

Other half bought a bike that unbeknown to him had been "glooped" we were going to Brands Hatch when must have ran over something that put a hole in the tyre. Gloop EVERYWHERE. Seriously EVERYWHERE. And it's a bugger to clean off bodywork by the time you get home a couple hours later.

i had that on front tyre of my fireblade didnt know it was in there,tyre shop put it on machine to break the bead to change tyre and boom workshop covered in the stuff,they charged £5 extra for cleaning up as they hadnt been warned it was in there

I have had a rim replaced because of this stuff there is a thread about it somewhere

Because I was curious... viewtopic.php?f=3&t=55966&hilit=sealant

also holymoly that has properly eaten through it :shock:

Spray some suds around the bead of your wheels/tyres. It's possible that when the tyres were put on, a bead seeler wasn't used.

Edited by Anonymous

The sealant stuff is fine when your tyre has an inner tube.

therein lies the possible answer to this problem, I have just read that the wheels on the YBR were changed.. from 'tubed' to tubeless. the changeover happened (apparently) in 2007.

is it possible that the bike has the wrong tyres fitted? or is lacking tubes.. when these 'should' be fitted?

The sealant stuff is fine when your tyre has an inner tube.

therein lies the possible answer to this problem, I have just read that the wheels on the YBR were changed.. from 'tubed' to tubeless. the changeover happened (apparently) in 2007.

is it possible that the bike has the wrong tyres fitted? or is lacking tubes.. when these 'should' be fitted?

Maybe. I associate tubed tyres with spoked wheels due to the difficulty getting an airtight seal.