Cracked headlight fix?

KTM21

Noticed the other day that my headlight had a big crack in it, must have happened while I was riding and didn't realise. It runs the whole way from the top to the bottom of the lens. The annoying thing is, to replace the lens, I have to replace the whole headlight assembly which will cost me £100. Is there way that I could repair it myself?

IMG_2356.thumb.JPG.35ddc4903b537f5ccaeb0e4385d934d3.JPG

i might have a square headlamp in box of bits ive got i will look in the morning and if i have i will measure it up and try to get a pic on here you are welcome to it if it s any good for the cost of the postage unles you want a freezing ride into the fens to collect if its any good

It's annoying because the dtr has a totally different headlight than the x/re. The lens has to be a specific shape otherwise it won't sit into the plastic shroud. I found one from an dt125re that going for £55, guess it's better than £100 :|

i might have a square headlamp in box of bits ive got i will look in the morning and if i have i will measure it up and try to get a pic on here you are welcome to it if it s any good for the cost of the postage unles you want a freezing ride into the fens to collect if its any good

If it's the right size, I'll be happy to pay for it :D But as I mentioned above, it has be a very specific size other wise it won't sit into the plastic shroud properly.

What about universal head light ?

Long list on here the ones that are really cheap from china aren't too bad but the paint is flat matte colors!

but might be able to find something there.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from= ... +&_sacat=0

I think polisport make one for the dt's, but that would mean changing the whole shroud and I'm trying to keep the bike as original as possible.

What about universal head light ?

Long list on here the ones that are really cheap from china aren't too bad but the paint is flat matte colors!

but might be able to find something there.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from= ... +&_sacat=0

I think polisport make one for the dt's, but that would mean changing the whole shroud and I'm trying to keep the bike as original as possible.

if you look for SKYsteam st50 dirt bike sm (standard they come with polisport) 3rd off the price.. identical ;)

Hi, have you thought about doing a repair? Plenty of kits out there

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/paints ... ape-3-pack

Are the tape kits any good, I feel like it would look a bit naff...

Hi, that one type I found there are others, you could use a 2 pack clear epoxy resin Araldite or similar, then there's silicon sealants, don't be leaving it long, once water gets it will soon trash the reflector. Having taken another look at your light the reflector looks a bit tired, l would repair as a temporary measure then be seriously looking for a replacement.

Hi, that one type I found there are others, you could use a 2 pack clear epoxy resin Araldite or similar, then there's silicon sealants, don't be leaving it long, once water gets it will soon trash the reflector. Having taken another look at your light the reflector looks a bit tired, l would repair as a temporary measure then be seriously looking for a replacement.

The epoxy was what I was looking at, hopefully once it dries you wouldn't be able to tell. The lens itself is really dirty so it's making the reflector look worse than it is. Although it probably could do with being replaced.