gear position switch

seanycozzie16v

Ok so my gear position switch does not work anymore and I'm looking for a replacement. Now finding these anywhere is quite hard so would one from any other suzuki with the triangle shaped white plug with 3 pins work?

And yes it did work. The light was working and everything but the bulb needed juggles about. I decided to squeeze the connections more.closely.together stupidly. Forgetting to disconnect.the battery. Now the light won't work at all

It doesnt matter

if you are getting power to the bulb holder then you have a contact issue with the bulb

if no power then start working backwards towards the sensor

check all three wires for power and stick the earth to the battery from the multimeter

erm if you have fitted the new chain and running it on that knackered sprocket then you are killing the chain http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Elora-1x-24mm-1-2-Square-Drive-Hexagon-Socket-Professional-Tool-15313-/391017484127?hash=item5b0a754f5f:g:JjAAAOSwFNZWxXQ9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

luckily enough i have a shifter spanner here which fits at the limit of its adjustment. big bar here also. i'll flatten the lock washer tomorrow and have a go at loosening it! i know its not good for the chain but i had to take it on a quick test drive today after fixing the carb

going to have a big piece of scaffold piping over the spanner for leverage so no chance of skinned knuckles. anyway back to the point. i bought a sensor off a 02 gsxr600. it was very cheap and looks very similar so what the hell! i know the gixxers are 6 speed and mine is 5 but the neutral part is all im worried about!