tyre question

seanycozzie16v

ok so long story short. i bought new tyres for the bike which i mistakenly bought tubeless instead of tubed tyres. i got the tyres fitted and they leak very slowly out of where the spokes enter the rim. the question is can i fit tubes to these tubeless tyres or is there any other way to stop these leaking from the spokes?

must have got an apprentice or something! regards to tube sizes though. the front tyre is a 90/90 18 and the rear is a 130/90 15. is this the size of tubes i shall need or is there a slight difference in tube sizes?

that is the size tubes you will need and dont forget you will need rim tape to protect the tubes from t he tips of the spokes and whoever fitted the tyres must of removed inner tubes and should go back to school to learn how to correctly fit tyres on to the rims

that is the size tubes you will need and dont forget you will need rim tape to protect the tubes from t he tips of the spokes and whoever fitted the tyres must of removed inner tubes and should go back to school to learn how to correctly fit tyres on to the rims

too damn right! i'll be asking them to supply me with new tubes or at the very least my old ones

did a bit of looking up on this. my rims are marked MT which means they can accept tubeless tyres. if they were marked wm rhat means they can only take tubed.

If that's correct then something has gone wrong when they fitted them.

There are3 places that need to be sealed

1. The valve to the rim.

2. The tyre bead to the rim (both sides).

3. In the s=case of your wheels the spokes to the rim.

On older type spokes wheels, they always needed tubes because air would leak out through the spokes.

I have seen some newer bike where the spokes are at he edge of the rims. I expect oeof the reasons for doing this is to keep them outside the area that needs to be sealed.

Are the spokes on your wheels at the edges of the rim?

the spokes are in 2 parts the wire bit is screwed into a nut of some sort and that nut is attached to the rim iself so you could say the spokes are in 2 parts and the air is leaking from where the spoke screws into the nut

Even if they can accept tubeless tyres, that doesn't mean they're fit to use them without tubes. Spoked rims always need an inner tube, bar one or two special (read: expensive) cases like the R1200GS or the Caponord (and maybe one or two others). As EAB said, the person that fit the tyres must be bloody incompetent! And to a spectacular degree, at that! Go back there and demand that they refit the tyres with your original tubes... and if they've chucked them, demand that they replace them free of charge! This is hardly rocket science for them :evil:

Even if they can accept tubeless tyres, that doesn't mean they're fit to use them without tubes. Spoked rims always need an inner tube, bar one or two special (read: expensive) cases like the R1200GS or the Caponord (and maybe one or two others). As EAB said, the person that fit the tyres must be bloody incompetent! And to a spectacular degree, at that! Go back there and demand that they refit the tyres with your original tubes... and if they've chucked them, demand that they replace them free of charge! This is hardly rocket science for them :evil:

:stupid:

And 'as a 'rocket scientist' I can also point out that it is hardly photogaphic imagery science for them either!

:mrgreen: