Mod 2 in Hull...

I'm thinking of doing my DAS in Hull...but I don't live there and don't know the roads. Obviously it won't make any difference for Mod 1 and I assume I'll get a fair bit of riding around Hull on at least one of the days with the instructor. I can also study Google maps around the area of the test centre. Do you think it should be ok or is it foolish to do it somewhere you are not used to riding around? Anyone that has done it in Hull, are there certain roads that I am likely to have to go on?

I did my test "local" and had never been on the route before! To be fair the instructors will take you on the routes and its good to go on routes you don't know as you don't get complacent

Ah I see the jokers are posting :lol:

Theres not many bad roads in Ull to catch you out

one to watch is over clough road towards stoneferry! there is two bridges over the river as you head towards stoneferry and at the roundabout you can either turn left or right from 3 lanes!

left lane left only right lane right only and the centre lane left and right

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.7677159,-0.3284366,3a,75y,93.22h,71.02t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sW9R2LgKGTsszuh4bdbXdBw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

they like to use some back streets off chamberlain road too which can be a bit gravely and there is some double roundabouts on james reckitt avenue which confuse a lot of people just treat each roundabout separately

and the bus lanes you can use all the time :thumb:

Thanks...I'll check those roads / roundabouts out on the map. I'm thinking of doing it in Hull as I'm struggling to get lessons in where I live and the waiting times for tests is ridiculous...I just want to get passed and go bike shopping in time for the summer holidays! Thanks for those links, that's really helpful!

there is about 3 roundabout that I can think of that depending on which direction you come from your road position on the roundabout seems wrong

if you drive then you are best off getting over and driving them as they may not make much sense just showing on google maps

Yep, in Hull. Mod 1 31st May and Mod 2 6th June. So you might want to stay off the roads on the 5th and until about 10 am on the 6th.