Brake lock up

Guest drzhooner

I've not been able (said allowed) to ride my bike for a couple years but in that time i have added braided hoses and turned the damper up a bit the tyres were brand new when it was last ridden (march 2014). But now on "entertaining rides" and slow moving town riding i seem to be locking the rear wheel so easy

Any ideas where to start? Im thinking the braided hose is the issue

I'm no expert but I thought the whole idea of braided hoses was to firm up the brakes, so you'll have to learn a gentler touch to stop locking up the back. Remember if the front is biting more you'll get more dive so the back gets lighter and locks up easier.

I'm not on expert either, but it sounds like you're being too heavy on the back brake. I guess yo could go out somewhere quiet and try out braking with different amounts of pressure. Only don't go wild and bin it [WHITE SMILING FACE]

Sent from mTalk

replace the fluid with old bubbly stuff to soften up the brake... or learn to be less heavy footed ;)

The black fluid was clashing with the frame :wink:

I'm no expert but I thought the whole idea of braided hoses was to firm up the brakes, so you'll have to learn a gentler touch to stop locking up the back. Remember if the front is biting more you'll get more dive so the back gets lighter and locks up easier.

This sounds likely, hadn't thought about that :oops:

Only don't go wild and bin it [WHITE SMILING FACE]

Sent from mTalk

Its a supermoto its always wild :lol:

Thanks for the inputs guys, looks like its rider error then than set up :oops:

i thought the idea was to get the back tyre on the point of locking and skipping to help it slide round the corners..........................but on a more realistic note as others have said braided hose doesnt flex like rubber ones so it will be firmer and more positive so dont press it as hard

Install a pie oven on the bike so you can have a constant supply of hot fresh pies.

And a cutout in the front of your helmet to feed them into your face.

And a robot arm to take them from the oven, wave them about to cool down before shoving them through the piehole.

That should fix your back brake.

No - staged over time. Say, 1 pie per 5 minutes for 12 hours should do it.

PS. Melton Mobray family sized Pork Pies are the most effective.

:angel12:

I was having the trouble on the way to melton, maybe its a sign

I too have 'trouble' on the A606 - The throttle always seems to wind itself open!

:angel12:

The best pies are the 'hand-sealed' ones, I've watched these being made in the 'factory' in Melton. The 'crafter' always remembers to lick his fingers between pies!

8-)

• 3 weeks later...