Radio Headsets

Good morning all,

A friend and I recently bought radios with those headsets with a sticky pad speaker a mic that's supposed to hide behind your cheek pads. The problem is, my helmet is such a snug fit, that this solution doesn't really fit inside my helmet no matter what I do.

Has anybody here experienced this problem? Is there a less bulky option? (I'm expecting there's something really obvious and I'll look stupid :D

Cheers,

Nick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you say hide behind your cheek pads are you literally trying to put them behind the cheek pads or just beside the lining?

Most helmets have cut outs for your ears and the speakers sir in there

Mine are just sat behind the lining and not behind the cheek pads

Mine has the cutouts in the polystyrene that the speakers fit perfectly. Unfortunately my ears are in the wrong place - the speakers line up behind my ears so road/wind/engine noise are a huge problem.

In my case it's best to just use earbuds.

Sorry, I should have clarified, the mic is the bit that caused the main issues, there's no room for it anywhere, the speaker sticks into the gap where my ears go fine, but it's all one unit

i had this issue with my agv k3, trying to fit the boom mic in from my scala wasn't having it, but scala provided a second mic that is just a thin cable, with a flat circular mic on the end, that you can then secure in place with a sticky pad. job sorted.

i had no issues with the boom mic in my shoei qwest though.

i had this issue with my agv k3, trying to fit the boom mic in from my scala wasn't having it, but scala provided a second mic that is just a thin cable, with a flat circular mic on the end, that you can then secure in place with a sticky pad. job sorted.

i had no issues with the boom mic in my shoei qwest though.

This is the helmet I am having an issue with, so it's not just me :D I'll just have to have another look around then... Thanks!