Bike wont rev past 3000rpm without dying

DKTax

So i got home saterday evening and my bike was having a spluter but from a past experience i thought it was the same thing so i sorted that out, but today ive gone to elave for work and something is still not right. when the engine idles it sounds like its struggerling and when i rev it i cant get it past 3000 rpm without it starting to run out of steam, ive checked everything i can think off and have run out of idea

can anyone suggest anything?

have you run it out of petrol at all as at 3000 rpm is about the revs it goes onto main jet from the idle jet and you might of dragged some crap into the carb

Nope i never let it run that low, though i have just found a hole in my exhaust will that do it?

its a 4stroke

Does it start ok?

When you say it dies, is it just bogging down, or is it cutting out?

Yeah drying is not very insiteful. It starts fine and will idle on full choke if i move that at all it cuts her out. When i try to reven it revs to like 3/4k rpm at full throttle.

Sounds like you have shite in the carb/blocked jet

Carb off and cleaning for you

as i am a complete novice and that this might sound like a stupid question but is this the carboretor the thing at the top with the pipe coming out?

http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w535/DKTax/12399828_1189640087732348_831752729_o_zpsaao2xzgd.jpg

Yes.

The tube is the drain for the carb for exactly the purpose you're need! Pull the tube up from wherever it goes and turn the screw a bit so fuel flows through it.

Have the fuel tap set to off and drain the fuel in the carb into a jar or something and see what it's like.

You may need to open the screw up a fair way without taking it out completely to get any large chunks of crud out.

Edited by Mr Fro

Check my previous reply - I pressed submit early by accident. :-)

i did that earlyer and it flowed out easy does that mean there is a bigger blockage in it or something else?

i did that earlyer and it flowed out easy does that mean there is a bigger blockage in it or something else?

The jets are inside the carb, ironically 'carb cleaner' will help clean things. The jets on that will be tiny and the smallest bit of dirt will restrict it

The jets are inside the carb, ironically 'carb cleaner' will help clean things. The jets on that will be tiny and the smallest bit of dirt will restrict it

So taking it off is the best course of action after do that stuff with the tube? sorry to sound stupid im still learning this stuff doesnt help i cant find anything online about my bike to help

I put a shot of Redex (make sure you get the carb one) in every tank of fuel and has stopped my backfire issue so would recommend :thumb:

So i took aprat my carb and gave it a clean ive checked everything i can think of and its doing the same thing but now it struggles to idle i have no idea what to do now i think i might have to take it to a garage