Where does the time go?

TC1474

It is hard to believe that on this day 12 months ago, I had arrived home from holiday to be taken straight to our local A & E where I was immidiately put onto oxygen and admitted into the cardio ward having been diagnosed with heart failure.

There were times in that first 5 weeks where I wondered if I would ever get any sort of life back. Strange how I now feel better and fitter than I have done since I was about 30 years old.

But that day of 12 months ago seems only like yesterday

Just noticed that it was 7 years ago yesterday I became a member of TMBF. :shock: Now that really is a case of where has the time gone?

Edited by TC1474

Bloody hell Tony.....I didn't know you'd had heart problems!

Good to hear you're back on track now!

I had a bit of an issue. But after they drained 28kg of fluid off my lungs, legs, ankles and feet, got me breathing better and filled me full of meds, I did feel a whole lot better. :wink:

But glad you made a full recovery

I will never make a full recovery. The condition is with me for life. Had I suffered just the heart attack (which I did not even know I had had) then I am told it would have been full recovery mode, but heart failure (or dilated cardio myopathy to give it its correct name) will be with me for life.

or dilated cardio myopathy to give it its correct name

thats some scary stuff there! Glad you're feeling better though

Soon be christmas though

:offtopic:

Bloody hell Tony.....I didn't know you'd had heart problems!

Good to hear you're back on track now!

I had a bit of an issue. But after they drained 28kg of fluid off my lungs, legs, ankles and feet, got me breathing better and filled me full of meds, I did feel a whole lot better. :wink:

But glad you made a full recovery

I will never make a full recovery. The condition is with me for life. Had I suffered just the heart attack (which I did not even know I had had) then I am told it would have been full recovery mode, but heart failure (or dilated cardio myopathy to give it its correct name) will be with me for life.

Dilated cardiomyopthy can be nasty but as you know, the term heart failure covers a wide spectrum. It can range from slightly failing to perform as it should to seriously failing to perform. Sometimes Docs don't make this clear which can cause un necessary worry.

I had a heart attack at the age of 19 and was diagnosed with hypotrophic cardiomyopthy but this was later changed to Non compaction of the left Ventricle myocardium. This is an unclassified cardiomyopthy. They through in an implanted defibrillator in my chest and I've had very few episodes of sudden death syndrome (their words, not mine) since.

That too seems like just last year but it's coming up to 20 years!

Have you contacted or been contacted by the CMA? Also, Prof Elliot at UCL heart hospital is the world lead in cardiomyopthy.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Glad things are better for you now , and you to Oasis :thumb: scary stuff .... and yeh time goes far to quick.... I just thank the Lord I'm hanging on to my boyish good looks 8-)

Well if you flake out on here, then don't look at me and Six for mouth to mouth Tony! Call Hoggs! :lol:

Failing that I'm sure we can find a VR46 fanboy who'll be well up for that gig!