Back again, dimming lights?? Any ideas.

Welsh1da

So after 3 months of restraint from taking a hammer to my bike (YBR 125 2011), its slowly starting to come back to its old self after numerous repairs and fixes....so here's what's left...

1. Idle screw set to 1700 instead of the suggested 1400, as this causes the bike to splutter and cut out.

2. Some jerkiness, almost feels like its loosing power, in 2nd gear at 20mph at around 3000rpm, doesn't happen on any other hear or rev.

3. Bike sometimes misfires when I rev and with the throttle fully open the rev counter goes crazy, catching and missing (rare this happens, but a worry when it does).

4. Recently I noticed my headlights dim a fair bit and the 'hum' from the fuel pump lessens when I'm at traffic lights and I have the break on, sometimes this even seems to drop the revs a little.

Any Ideas on each of the above symptoms, especially no 4.?

I've a new HT lead, yet to be fitted, to hopefully combat the cut out at point 1. And the misfiring at point 3. SO any ideas on the rest? My bikes sooooo close to being what it once was, if I can get these last few points sorted I'll be one happy biker mouse from mars!!!

cheers in advance.

Edited by Welsh1da

1) Could just be normal running, if it only happens when the bike is cold. You've adjusted the idle speed, but you can also try adjusting the idle mixture to make it richer.

2) Chain tension? Not sure, but check anyway.

3) Check the obvious things first. Manifold leak, or leak anywhere around the manifold or air filter? Air filter clean?

4) Don't know, but it's losing current and voltage when the generator isn't spinning. On the YBR, is the headlight connected directly to the generator or to the battery? You might need a new one or the other.