Honda CBR 125 2005 Major Downpipe Issue

WkdBen

https://imgur.com/a/1tfBc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Basically I bought my CBR a few months ago. I knew that it needed a bit of tlc work but about a week ago the downpipe literally fell off from one weld next to the exhaust and from the initial end part that fits onto the engine.

The problem is when removing the rest of the downpipe I found out the piece is stuck/ possibly fused with then engine and I have no idea how to remove it.. The link at the top has picture of the piece that I need to remove. I don't know if a motorcycle garage would be pricey or not either. Any and all advice is welcome!

Welcome to TMBF mate. ....pop over to the Newbies section and introduce yourself to the guys when you can. ....... 8-)

Yep, that's looking nicely corroded. A wire brush or Dremel and some penetrating oil will probably be your best bet here......and lots of elbow grease..... :wink:

Welcome to TMBF mate. ....pop over to the Newbies section and introduce yourself to the guys when you can. ....... 8-)

Yep, that's looking nicely corroded. A wire brush or Dremel and some penetrating oil will probably be your best bet here......and lots of elbow grease..... :wink:

Hey! Will do! :D

How would I go about Dremeling it? I was just wondering were to start, Also would heat be a viable option?

Hey! Will do! :D

How would I go about Dremeling it? I was just wondering were to start, Also would heat be a viable option?

If you could get to it with a wire wheel attachment on a Dremel.......basically you want to clean as much of the corrosion from where the header goes into the cylinder head as possible.....and try to get some Plusgas or other penetrating oil into the area between the header and the cylinder head. Heat may be difficult because you'd need to heat the cylinder head up, but not the bit of header pipe.....so, that could be tricky. Good luck..... 8-)

Hi and welcome, l also cannot view the pic, but suggest you pay attention and don't allow any of the dust, rust or fragments of metal get inside the engine whilst attempting the removal of the exhaust.

Pictures were there and it doesn't look easy to remove, but as said however it is done make sure no metal particles get into the engine.