Gixer fiasco

fq-craigus

Rant warning**********

Decided to service the bike the other day. Couldn't remember oil quantity from last service, looked on engine casing and it says 2200ml well that's handy

Bike is gsxr k6 750

I had 600ml left in a bottle from last oil change so I go sportsbikeshop and buy 2l of oil and a filter. Get back drain oil remove filter go to install filter........ wrong! In store comps listed it wrong. Not a prob popped back swapped went and fitted.

Poured in 2200ml of oil left for 5 mins and checked level, wasn't in sight glass so I keep topping up until I run out of oil, still not in sight glass. Shops now closed so I go online, its all American an they are talking quarts and random litreage (as us litre is less) best I could find was 2.9 litres not 2.2

Ring halfrauds but they don't stock the oil so go home in the car instead.

Done the responsible thing when home and checked owners manual, which says 2.5l......... no! As I have 2.6 in there and it's barely at minimum. So bought another litre following dat topped off and got it to 2.9l in the end.

Normally I just buy 4l and keep pouring until full but thought I would save some dosh and buy just enough.

Well at least now I know but spoilt my plan of a ride out that night.

How can the owners manual be wrong?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

2.5 when doing a full change including filter, 2.2 when changing just the oil.

EDIT:

its 2am, im not asleep, so I just looked this up in the PDF version of the owners manual..

NECESSARY AMOUNT OF ENGINE OIL:

Oil change : 2.2 L (2.3/1.9 US/Imp qt)

Oil and filter change : 2.5 L (2.6/2.2 US/Imp qt)

Engine overhaul : 2.9 L (3.1/2.6 US/Imp qt)

Sounds like you did a really good job of draining it!

I warmed it and left it draining while tilting the bike every now and then. I never even found that the other day all the manuals won't let me download them. Think I'm gonna finally buy a Haynes manual

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Here you go.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s026i88lcf9gij3/Suzuki_gsx-r750-k6-service-manual.pdf?dl=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Your a star pal thanks for that, none of the pdf's ever work when I click on them but this one does brill! Will come in very handy thanks again

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Here you go.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s026i88lcf9gij3/Suzuki_gsx-r750-k6-service-manual.pdf?dl=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Can you give me an l5 one? Can't see why the motogp version I have would be any different to the standard l5

sent by PM

Yep seen, thanks muchly.