Homebase - bargain tools.

Joeman

My local homebase store seems to have transformed from crappy overpriced decorating shop, to an place to go to buy all sorts of interesting tools, storage boxes and stuff you didn't know you needed at a bargain prices. Loads of hand written price tags like its closing down..

I popped in to buy a lightbuld a d walked out 60quid worse off having bought a load of stuff!!

If all homebase stores have gone through the same transformation, then we'll worth popping in for a browse... I have my eye on a nice metal tool cabinet next.

Yeah, I was in my local branch to buy a new toilet seat last weekend and almost ended up sinking a whole load of money on new tools :lol:

so they are all the same then?? clever marketing!

I never used to bother with homebase, but seems its now a great place to buy tools - much more variety than halfords next door.. probably not as good as halfords, but for casual use, the homebase stuff looks fine, and they have some really funky tools that halfords would never sell.

im a sucker for bargain tools!

I saw the mega tool box/cabinet thing they had the other week - it felt like good quality stuff and was very keenly priced. Picked up loads of storage stuff the other week super cheap. Also heard they're doing an 18v impact tool for silly money.

I saw the mega tool box/cabinet thing they had the other week - it felt like good quality stuff and was very keenly priced. Picked up loads of storage stuff the other week super cheap. Also heard they're doing an 18v impact tool for silly money.

yep, i bought a 18v Stanley fatmax cordless hammer drill for about 55quid, then today they had the oscillating tool going cheap. only one left...

curGe9-0BiRSJO23NnHBD1o0a8ja8r6GPTj7UEwmKcAthkjVLHnZIBrZ_cWsuXX56OnSYFflz2rv727_hLaBwx1zttpRBMKnpRGMUBkCr37NI-EbdjZztzpIlvasVIw9Dpmwvockqimly4DFUwcF9H_oLwbHSJT-vb8rguhHQNVLXLciKtVpVNAUiOIHa9X5G55XpaqbDk0Z0OF1tGnT6np3uvKG7cCBMp5IxEEOpZ_oKVyXknSvwOyMvg4LQLWXg_lEVfBuE450kqErQwDlxKEU_CCW-r9ZPDKq1wwcnq8RImcE4T2saFtLV6vMpwYvqhYGoU7_yhrW0fnMFqmy9BxU-TeA_2xyPIAWopMPGEhGuJ3bMsiAKn0aCEeNpIeklXtk8-X-1Insl2IRsRbUQyTv9YuW7VV71GxnmRrIdOtKB8Oc47jO6bL2uM9_JXQZC2xn7NESLxbwsLXMm0MTS-z-2j-nf0QbJF4PnlichxIuY-L6gUzF1gn5_vGW4PS6H5zMr8XKGY5TPR81R9kz2BmymDEGIilss3GVQ54OxJefD_vu7S-LKhFKCz52mszqq7JznvA0ppQzgT73l7Cc4HjSEdKT4330HLjat609Tr3wkhhI9A=w2162-h1618-no

just 36quid - how could i resist??

1qK6hh0LeA4FuV3GmsEWxGvl76-c5KE5gQMEA07RCSeGgI62XEK3EVDB5xdhZNp2ebsFN-Pk3iyUqLv_NOtG553VcPmt3wRCr4AEypVCE6P4u6FA81UoOX_iHo6lukGqGncOfK6uL7p-CZsvRROUcNxafy0It7wNCatby7jkxRn0lD1K_A65MWTgS-mBF0RFInthUKOPsQXGcY9HLh6a1RSZQgFv3g5gYcmwgppnW8hL0_HHEhsKk_i7FVxUUP4QWoMgQ9eusnOlsUvIFNicDxQM4lYvPmpRE878Em2UPb_7nlXXM2SF-8JEeFBKOUHwCCiWGDvsMa1hvBt5NEBARnvYOTZZlOjYdHjVq4WZia2uKIUA-941rPGtrAWRhYh_Ev_fR7kxlI8wtPB2JueiIpR1sqy2R58UXDnPAvyzCggMKC8TgTmNg8xZFyO4wm32NobHhLSy-WbTil1D3fpkGZk0vuALs8z4mHLccmdRQbCuisqUOSP6m5xD8fa-n3l3zfbfN898ZFHUB6cg1H7qxpXeo-N1MbOgcNgONOiBEvBcplW76wLC7Qa3nmIzwJUb33zV6o1ay6ZnMRB0kNPowiLfeigqMZ4Y1mecdgCqiXznoomTsA=w2162-h1618-no

ok, all starting to make sense now...

Homebase bought out by australian DIY chain Bunnings..

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/jan/18/australian-diy-brand-bunnings-to-launch-in-uk-after-homebase-deal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

this is the types of tools im starting to see in my local Hombase store:

https://www.bunnings.com.au/our-range/tools" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

all good news!!

Ok, so i might have gone a little overboard on the bargain tools... :oops:

I bought the drill first, then the saw, then decided i had to have the impact driver, but it came with a another drill.

So if anyone wants a brand new drill with two brand new batteries and brand new charger, let me know...

oxHenYZdShPPTk0ELWRUN31sTi94tGPmwuIkD0QzzTjwFEDfbkIUz9sIZW2Vzdb-RoBaZJHeaxw=w2360-h1764-no

Ooh, let us know what the impact driver is like - I'm bored of using effort to undo nuts and stuff. :-)

Dewalt version shattered 2 snap on sockets so far....

Im expecting good results from the Fatmax. its rated at 180nm of torque which is higher than most others i've seen. I'll be giving it a good test when i swap my car over to winter tyres soon.

Im expecting good results from the Fatmax. its rated at 180nm of torque which is higher than most others i've seen. I'll be giving it a good test when i swap my car over to winter tyres soon.

Doubt it will undo wheel nuts, but time will tell

Doubt it will undo wheel nuts, but time will tell

Thats my big test.. wheel nuts are something like 95ft/lbs or 130Nm so if its really capable of 180Nm it should do the job.. but I'll keep the windy tool on standby just incase ;)

Thats my big test.. wheel nuts are something like 95ft/lbs or 130Nm so if its really capable of 180Nm it should do the job..

Whats it on?

Audi A6 quattro. the winter tyres make a huge difference.