A2 training/test cost and amount of training needed

Hi guys,

I was hoping to be able to do my A2 before my cbt expires but there's no mod 2 booking soon enough so unfortunately I have to do me cbt again. The person I spoke to today when making the booking for my mod 1 said that all in all, including the cbt, it's going to cost about £740 assuming I pass first time. I can't help but feel like that's quite alot when I've seen people with no experience get the whole package for less than £500. Would I really require the amount of training that I'm going to get with what I'm paying? How much training should you require if you've been riding for 2 years? Would I be better off booking individual lessons and booking the tests separately. What do you think I should do?

Also, how does the mod 2 booking work? I've booked a whole training day for the mod 1 and then another day where my test is at 2:30 so I'll have some training time before the test on that day as well. Will I get other training day for the mod 2? When are they likely to do my cbt renewal?

Lots of questions lol

Cheers guys

How much training you need for the test all depends hoow many bad habits you have picked up. Riding a bigger bike for the mod 2 can also have effects, some people take to the bike straight off some can't get on with it.

You may take a couple of lessons and not need much, you may use all the time and still have habits you can't shake off

You will need to get the cbt sorted before you do any tests. If its not valid then you can't do the test.

A chap on my test had his certificate renewed by the training company but had paid for the pass.

Too far away to be of use I imagine, but as a benchmark the school I'm learning with charge the following for the DAS:

Option 1: Guaranteed Training.... £625.00

- CBT in Nottingham.

- Road Training in Nottingham, initially on a 125, then on a larger cc bike.

- Pre-Test fees included (worth £110.00)

- Further training free if final test failed, all you pay for is another final test and a pre-test fee for module 1 or 2.

- Please note that our price of £625.00 does not include the final test appointment fees (£15.50 and £75.00) or the theory test (£31.50). These are both bookable with the Driving Standards Agency, the telephone number you need is 0300 200 1122

Option 2: Non-Guaranteed Training.... £525.00

Exactly as above, but if you fail you pay the following:

- £30.00 per hour further training.

- New final test test fee for module 1 or 2 tests.

- pre-test fee. £50.00 for module 1 and 2 tests

- Please note that our price of £525.00 does not include the final test appointment fees (£15.50 and £75.00) or the theory test (£31.00). These are both bookable with the Driving Standards Agency, the telephone number is 0300 200 1122

That's all in for someone with no experience, which makes your place look a bit pricy.