Hi-vis vs Reflective

Now I know that hi-vis stuff is for low-light conditions, and usually has broad reflective strips too, but at night it's all about lights and reflectivity for increasing visibility. So, what do you guys think about these fully reflective jackets?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191757568458

I see increasing numbers of cyclists wearing stuff like this, and they really stand out, so I'd pondered buying a cheap XXL one to wear over my textile jacket at night. Reckon it'd be worthwhile?

Now I know that hi-vis stuff is for low-light conditions, and usually has broad reflective strips too, but at night it's all about lights and reflectivity for increasing visibility. So, what do you guys think about these fully reflective jackets?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191757568458

I see increasing numbers of cyclists wearing stuff like this, and they really stand out, so I'd pondered buying a cheap XXL one to wear over my textile jacket at night. Reckon it'd be worthwhile?

If it's not designed for motorbike use it'll flap about like blazes.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I cycle and some of these are fantastic, if you look at proviz (not that cheap 70) they are also waterproof with taped seams,

Been debating getting one, as they are designed for cyclists they should fit pretty good as your in a similar position.

Proviz have just released different colours too so you get a blue jacket but they reflect like these but I've not seen one.

Dare 2 b do one too but I've no idea on price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has been made from polyester, it will not let any air in or out. You might/will boil as quick as Basmati rice in the bag :shock: My leathers have reflective stuff and never had issues with not being seen on the road day or night. But what I have with me [in the seat cowl] Fluorescence green vest with retro reflective strips. If it's seriously dark I will put it on...It costs me about £3 pounds. :thumb:

Has been made from polyester, it will not let any air in or out.

And it'll blow up like a Balloon when you are riding.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yip. And most important, it's just so damn unpretty :( :D

Sent from my ISS-Traveling at 5k mph over the Europe using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

You could always use elastic bands to stop the the arms flapping.

Friends Dad who is 84 still uses them to this day as he too wears a big bomber reflective jacket during the winter as its cheaper, warmer, more waterproof and reflective that most sub £300 textile motorcycle jackets :)