Action Cam help required...

onesea

I have just bought a action cam. SJ7000 Wifi all seems to work but it requires a 32 gig memory card and I only have a 64..

Can I format down???

I am sure there are some computer wise people out there who can say.... Iam sure there will be more questions to ask on this...

A lot of them have problems with 64gb cards. For the price of them, I would just go buy a 32gb card from tesco. I think I paid £15 for a SanDisk extreme III.

Maybe its SDHC vs SDXC that's the problem, rather than the size of the card. I think SDHC goes up to 32Gb, anything larger is SDXC (may be wrong, but I think that's right).

:shock:

I would want to know what is going on here but never been really interested in boring stuff :D

The device states it can only handle a 32 gig card, not certain the exact issue.

Could be processing power of the unit. I believe the issue is processing power and probably the FAT32 formatting thing?

The device states it can only handle a 32 gig card, not certain the exact issue.

Could be processing power of the unit. I believe the issue is processing power and probably the FAT32 formatting thing?

SDHC is FAT32, and FAT32 is limited to 32Gb. SDXC is exFAT and can be formatted to 64Gb and beyond. The device probably only understands FAT32, hence the limitation to SDHC. I think if you tried to format a 64Gb card as FAT32 it would throw an error. For the sake of a few quid, I'd just get a 32Gb card.

Ok guys I may well update this thread as I go and ask more...

A bit of googling, problem resolved by using the software mentioned in this link:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-1726154/format-64gb-card-exfat-fat32.html

This link within:

http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

I THINK it has given me 64 gig memory in the device there maybe knock on effects... SO far I am impressed for about £30 wifi to my phone its been driven around on my daughters remote control car to great success :)