Seriously need help

Guest classifiedmoto

Also he said that the clutch wasn't adjusted properly from the dealer when I bought it so he's adjusted it all and it feels so much more clunky and he's still sure that the clutch was the problem but clearly it's exactly the same

You need to take it back and get him to sort the problem. They diagnosed the fault and charged you money to fix it. The fault is still present so clearly they didn't fix it, so they either refund you the cash you already paid or they fix the problem.

Why are you not taking it back to the people you bought it from?? Since it's a new bike it's their responsibility not your or another garage..

I'm not taking it back to them as I'm out of warranty and I did my own services but if I don't have any luck with this garage I'll be contacting the seller to see what he has to say

I'm not taking it back to them as I'm out of warranty and I did my own services but if I don't have any luck with this garage I'll be contacting the seller to see what he has to say

that would only be an issue if the problem is related to poor servicing.. and even then at just 1900miles you have a strong case to say it's not fit for purpose... have you actually asked the dealer you bought it from or are you just presuming they wont help?? and at just 1900miles, did it need any servicing??

It was just basic oil changes. I've spoken to the dealer and he said he would only charge me half the price for a brand new clutch so I'll speak to him tomorrow

How many oil changes did you do in 1900miles??

How many did the service schedule say it needed??

And why are you letting him charge you for something that should be FREE!!

Get the dealer to take the bike back and not give it back until it's fixed and get your cash back from the garage who said they fixed it but didn't... What a mess to be in!!

Think it was like 4 oils changes. I followed the service manual given to me by the dealer. I'm gonna speak to the dealer tomorrow and see what he has to say and see what happens there

You're right it is an absolute mess I just don't really know what to do apart from keep moaning at these people and eventually threaten them with small claims court

4 oil changes in 1900 miles???? really??

Please dont tell that to the dealer, it will be obvious you have no clue what you are doing...

under UK/EU law, dealers cannot force you to have the bike serviced by the main dealer in order to keep the warranty, but if they can prove the failure is due to the bike not being serviced correctly then they will win.

So, you need to read the service schedule properly, if asked you explain thats what has been done to the bike and leave the bike with the dealer to fix and hope the other mechanic didn't leave too many telltale signs that he's been in there, and that he used genuine parts!

why you decided to take it to another mechanic I have no idea... but so long as the other mechanic is a proper business, you may still be ok.

I do know what I'm doing-4 oil changes is what is specified on the service manual for this bike all done within 10 miles of the specified mileage for the bike

I've been down to the garage who tried to fix it and they are going to say they carried out all the services on it so my warranty is still valid and the guy who sold it shouldn't have a leg to stand on. The garage is going to try and get me a whole new engine as he believes it's the gearbox and it's easier to get a new engine for it and he's also going to be speaking to the guy who sold it and tell him he's sold me a dodgy bike

Sounds like you should get away with it. Did the mechanic give you the cash back??

But four oil changes in 1900miles?? Youre probably using more oil than petrol!!

Well it was the fourth oil change and straight after it broke but the mechanic hasn't given me my money back yet I'm guessing as the work is still on going. Obviously if he says he needs to fix something else I will be asking for a full refund for the previous work and then hopefully the dealer will do it all free of charge as clearly he's sold me a dodgy bike which I'm not happy about at all. I'm just waiting now to see what the dealer says when the mechanic calls him and says he's been servicing the bike the last year and clearly it's a piece of junk. I think the dealer is going to try and get out of it but I don't think he's got a leg to stand on because if he's awkward about it I'm going straight to lexmoto and reporting him for it all

I'm also going to put loads of pressure on the dealer and tell him that from the start it's been shit as there have been other little issues and I'm going to get him to fix every single one of them

I'm also going to put loads of pressure on the dealer and tell him that from the start it's been shit as there have been other little issues and I'm going to get him to fix every single one of them

That's the spirit!! Much better attitude than you started the thread with..

Yeah well at the time of starting I thought maybe I had done something wrong but clearly it's something seriously wrong with the bike and I need it for work etc

Thing is I'm not some 18 year old kid who sticks it in the garden and lets it rust. I clean it every week, treated with anti rust, there's literally not a spot of rust on it, I've sprayed all the hoses etc with protective coatings and then this happens and it's just stupid

Only thing I'm worrying about is that the mechanic has £150 of my money and it's not fixed but then he is helping a lot by saying he's done the service from the start etc and that he will talk to the dealer so I don't want to upset him (just yet) and I'm also worrying the dealer is gonna try and get out of fixing this for FREE and I'm gonna end up with a huge bill I can't afford for something I don't really want anymore

Also appreciate the advice you have given Joeman-it's pushed me to push this through now. It's just a nightmare because the dealer is not that close by and I'm so busy with work etc so £150 for the clutch if the problems went away I was prepared to take the hit on that but now it's not even changed the problem I've had enough