Mismatched Exhaust Parts

RantMachine

A certain plonker has purchased a set of downpipes (Arrow) for his bike (Z1000SX) that end in the same diameter as his silencers (Scorpion) start. Misleading information on t' web is to blame, I'm told. Any suggestions for a good bodge before a local exhaust fabricator laughs all the way to the bank? My favourite idea so far involves a saw, a bit of steel tube, and a couple of exhaust gaskets and clamps. Perhaps not appropiate for a bike that costs twice as much as both mine put together :lol:

stuff a solid bar up the silencer inlet and roll it round the pipe with force and "swage" the pipe out. this should / may enlarge the entrance enough to force the down pipes in. if you can get it big enough cut a slot in the silences pipe and us an exhaust clamp and exhaust putty to finish off.

Done this loads of times years ago on car exhausts, but they were generally mild steel not stainless. :wink:

That was my initial thought, but it puts too much distance between them and the silencers end up at a funny angle, stops the panniers mounting. Either needs some overlap or a bit less length in the mix!

[mention]RantMachine[/mention] might need to trim the pipes though on reading your last post. :roll:

Some car exhaust fitters have a machine that bends and swages pipe. I'd probably swage the cheapest bit just in case. This place has such a machine.http://i.imgur.com/wgblTOB.png