Possible intake leak - Honda CBR 125 2004

jamessk98

It can get in via the crankcase breather pipe that vents into the airbox. This might not be the case on the CBR 125 , this is just general advice.

IF the fuel tap has failed and IF the carb doesn't shut off at full float height then

Fuel can lead into the Cylinder and cause hydrolock and bend valves which will cause poor running .

Gotta love vacuum fed petcocks

Gtr1000 renowned gor depositing 28 litres of fuel into as much of the engine as it could physically hold and the remainder on the floor

It can get in via the crankcase breather pipe that vents into the airbox. This might not be the case on the CBR 125 , this is just general advice.

Oh okay, i was just wondering if there was anything i was missing. But on my bike the crank breather is just aimed out anywhere and isnt connected on the other end,

cheers anyway

IF the fuel tap has failed and IF the carb doesn't shut off at full float height then

Fuel can lead into the Cylinder and cause hydrolock and bend valves which will cause poor running .

Gotta love vacuum fed petcocks

Gtr1000 renowned gor depositing 28 litres of fuel into as much of the engine as it could physically hold and the remainder on the floor

jesussssss christ, luckily mine wasn't quite that bad :shock:

Oh okay, i was just wondering if there was anything i was missing. But on my bike the crank breather is just aimed out anywhere and isnt connected on the other end,

cheers anyway

Well it's been modified then , I pretty sure that the thick pipe in the picture is the crankcase breather and this would allow fuel to pour straight down into the crankcase. If yours is disconnected then dirt can get into the engine . How about a few pictures of this bike just to get a general idea what state its in .http://i.imgur.com/QkVMLvq.png are you sure you're not looking at the drain pipe that is also shown. These are often plugged to prevent oil getting on the road .Also if your vent isn't connected that means that dirt can bypass the air filter and get straight into the carb.