Brilliant

manxie49

Tis all still rather vague so the rest is still assumption.

If it's only charges that's non known, they are twats, wonder what you would think of the darlings had they run into you, the one with the pillion, insurance? had they had any would have laughed at them any way.

Edited by Bender

Tell me your version of what’s known then.

Really I'm sure it's there more than once.

Rider with pillion and L plates, I don't know any one who rides with L plates that doesn't need to

Insurance had the thing been insured it would have been voided, I also don't know an insurance company that will pay out if they don't have to.

If they were not a fligt risk I seriously doubt they would have stopped them the way they did.

The runner only did a runner when he could see the marked bike, law abiding folk don't run from the police (normally)

All assumptions on what can be seen

Alternate reality version

2 moped riders were off to the local soup kitchen to help the homeless, one of them sprained his wrist stopping to help an old lady across the road, his friend who has a full licence said he would give him lift to said soup kitchen, they were a bit late from helping the old lady with the shopping and in there rush to help the homeless forgot to take off the l plates.

Meanwhile the police had a report of 2 mopeds who had raided the diamond shop at the corner of camblewick Green, the undercover officer was just riding past the mopeds, he was too busy thinking about Andy Murray and if he would make a full recovery in time for Wimbledon, he then spotted a shop selling strawberries and suffered from target fixation, inadvertently riding into the mopeds who through no fault of there own had now found there way blocked.

A marked police bike had been racing with another unmarked bike and was a bit pissed off that he was getting beat.

The whole lot ended up in the same spot, one of the moped riders had read a post on here about some one getting 3 points for not displaying l plates he thought he would Surly get 6 for displaying them while his mate with a full licence was in control, he was so scared the paperwork would keep him from his charity work that he thought bugger it and legged it to the soup kitchen.

The soup was vegetable and not very nice by all accounts.

Could happen

Edited by Bender

So according to today’s MCN, GMP said they were believed to be riding without insurance, the mopeds were seized and no arrests made.

Now, while this is a crime and can be a pointer to other potential offences, was this an over reaction? It’s not like they had refused to pull over !!

I wonder what would have happened if one of the culprits had been seriously injured?

Also can we now expect GMP to start ramming uninsured car drivers? - it would be mayhem if the numbers are to be believed!

Any chance of a link? I’ve had a look and can’t find it myself. I’d like to see if it says “believed to be riding without insurance” which is not at all the same as “they were riding without insurance”

“Ride without insurance and we’ll knock you off” or maybe “do get insurance and we will knock you off anyway”

It was in the rag, can’t find a link - usual sensationalised MCN reporting.

3BDB59BF-B77C-437C-A4C7-0407F0225466.thumb.jpeg.b052303c600552f9d3b6fe7575d7cd01.jpeg