Are CBR500R fork preload adjusters Honda specific?

Pbassred

The pre-2016 bikes don't have them. There are some aftermarket ones available online but if its a 41mm tube surely they can't be all that different from bike to bike. I don't know what brand Honda fit as standard. They can't be exclusive. Does anyone here know if adjusters are available from a generic supplier?

EDIT:- Scratch that. I just found them on eBay. I had been searching for "front suspension preload adjustment". sorry. Not able to simply delete a post.

Can't you just stick some washers in on top of the springs ? I'm assuming you wish to increase the pre load from standard so once you have got it where you want it there's no need to adjust it anymore.

Can't you just stick some washers in on top of the springs ?
Yes Bob but unless I know how much to add I would need to keep taking them apart.

Just adding adjusters may not work, you may need the dampers inside the forks as well, if fact you may need the entire forks.
Yep. I could change the springs and the oil too. I know that the CBRs are set up for 70Kg riders and I'm nearly 20kg over that. So more of everything is better, but baby steps first. This is my first bike above 125. I'll get more serious when I'm good enough to feel the difference.