Honda cbf 125 rear wheel cushion bushes

Tuckermoto

Hi all

Update on my little Honda cbf 125 that I bought as

A non runner ..engine is now rebuilt and running and after resealing the cam cover and backing up the rubber gasket with instant gasket it now has a leak free engine ..after repairing the front and rear tyres ( leaking around the valve where it enters the rim ) my attention has now been turned to putting the back wheel back in ..after offering up the wheel and bolting all up ..I’ve noticed that the sprocket has got quite excessive movement from from front to back ( as the chain will run ) and also it’s got excessive movement sideways ( top to bottom ) I can remember many moons ago that bikes have rubber cushions inside the rear wheel to take slack when the chain is going round ..( unfortunately I forgot to check the wheel bearings when I reassembled the wheel ..can anyone shed any light on the cushions if they have gone bad could they cause this much movement..the wheel has been put back correctly so it’s it’s spacer problem

Regards

Richard

They shouldn't be too expensive to replace or you could just shim them with some rectangular pieces of sheet plastic as a quick fix .

They shouldn't be too expensive to replace or you could just shim them with some rectangular pieces of sheet plastic as a quick fix . ( Again )

Hi Robb

I’ve just dropped the wheel out and discovered the wheel bearing on the sprocket side is worn out it got lots if excessive movement

No worries , belt it out with a hammer and a drift ( metal rod ) and tap a new one in using the old one on top and a big hammer . I'd definitely do the wheel bearings while you're at it . Don't buy Honda parts , get them from a reputable firm like Wemoto and avoid Chinese fakes .