HELP!! My Bike Doesn't Start :(

Lincoln97

Guest Richzx6r

If you have to spark plug out put your thumb over the hole and turn it over see if it's got good compression with it being a small 125 I'm struggling for suggestions, could be getting close to some open heart surgery here

Guest Richzx6r

Its pretty new

In this pic on the top of the carb theres a bronze spigot tube which looks to me like a possible vacuum does anything connect to this tube on your bike?

Guest Richzx6r

I tryed turned the fuel and air mixture screw but the screw is literally tight it wont budge and when i bought the bike these screws were half unscrewed so dont know what they touched but its this area the red gasket and the bottom of the carb was a fuel line sort of thing but it was rock solid and it snapped what is the hole ay bottom for

That hole my friend is a tick hole when the engine is running stick your ear near there and you should hear a faint ticking noise

Guest Richzx6r

Thisnis the carb

On the carb top left of pic you see the shiny bronze tube....I believe that is a vacuum pipe which should have a pipe going from that pipe to either another corresponding pipe on the underside of the fuel tank or there is somewhere on the engine that creates the vacuum to pull the fuel through

Guest Richzx6r

That pipe on the inlet manifold is definitely your problem as it's a positive pressure system for the engine to receive fuel so you need a pipe on that tube

check to see if you have another take off on your fuel tap

The stub on the inlet rubber may well be for a fuel tap vacuum to open the diaphragm in the fuel tap to give you fuel flow

Before playing about anymore it might be worth just checking to see if fuel can actually flow out of the tank and into the carb. If you find it reaches the carb then pull the carb and clean the bowls, floats, jets etc (take pictures!)

If fuel isnt reaching the carb then it could be a blocked fuel filter or petcock issues. I'd be pulling the hoses and seeing if fuel actually flows from the petcock by sucking on vacuum hose while pointing fuel hose in a safe place

Same here, How many hoses are connected to the petcock? that looks to me like there should be one going from the part [mention]Richzx6r[/mention] has highlighted to the petcock