The dreaded insurance

MarkK92

So been having a look around for a few weeks and it seems Triumph Daytona 600 is a decent option. Fairly cheap bike and seems cheap to insure. Well it's not but compared to most it is.

I know some people recommended Daytona as an option but just wanted to hear more about and whether they meant 675 or 600 or both.

At moment don't know huge amount about the model. This bike is just something to own maybe for a year or two whilst my premium hopefully comes down but also to have fun.

I'm riding my 2014 Chinese piece of crap 125 at the moment and although I still like going around the country roads and getting the thrill of getting up to speed (eventually) I really want something with a bit of oomph.

Theres loads of bikes out at the moment in the evenings and its crap watching them leave me behind and old women over taking me as I can't get to 60 quickly enough!

They probably meant the 675, it's a much more sorted bike than the 600.

That being said, I had a Triumph TT 600 (precursor to the Daytona 600), and that was actually pretty decent and not expensive, as it doesn't have a great reputation compared to the equivalent Japanese 600s.

What about the 650?

If you're looking to get a cheaper insurance quote you should go for a naked bike, they are always cheaper than a similar faired bike.

Thanks. I've heard the 675 is overall better bike. It's just out of my price range really. Well more than for that money I could get an old street Triple.

The only 650 I can see on auto trader has an British flag decal on the front which I personally hate.

Yeah just haven't seen any that stand out for me if I'm honest. I might go back and take another look but nothings jumped at me. I hate to say I'm a bit of a sucker for a bike that looks good. Obviously other far more important parts and shouldn't care what bike looks like but guess I'm still a newbie!

Fair enough, and I'm not a fan of Union Jacks either, or flag decals/paint in general.

If you like the Daytona and can afford the insurance for it, go for it. It's a pretty bike for sure :)