Keeway Superlight 125 Hot enginge clutch skipping

nenad.vichentikj

Hi guys,

I`m a new rider and as a first bike I decided to go with the Keeway Superlight 125.

When I bought the bike 4 months ago, 2000 miles ago. It was riding good. But as time goes by I started having this issue.

When the engine got warm, and from stationary position, in first gear, as you release the clutch and you reach that sweet spot where the transmission is suppose to take over. You feel like the chain is skipping, or the transmission is skipping, it makes a clunk sound. It does this 1-5 times randomly and then it drives okey.

Other problem followed with this one. As the engine gets warmer it also gets harder to put it in neutral.

Any thoughts what might be the problem?

Anyone faced this problem before ?

I have been changing oil every 500-600 miles.

Thanks

Sounds like the gears are not engaging fully, are you pulling the clutch lever all the way and letting off the throttle when you change gear, otherwise it could be the clutch that needs adjusting or maybe a problem with the gear selector not fully engaging :thumb:

A simple test you can do to check the clutch is to put the bike on the centre stand or some other stand making sure the rear wheel is clear of the ground, with the engine running pull in the clutch lever and hold it in fully and put into gear if the wheel starts turning then the clutch needs to be adjusted :thumb:

What grade oil are you using, it could also be down to temperature and may take longer for the oil to warm up, having read a few google searches it is quite common for the gears to clunk a bit from cold, and should smooth out once warmed up :thumb:

• 3 years later...

I just came across this old post by accident, but it matches a problem I have had on my Keeway Superlight for a while and have been unable to solve permanently. Did you ever manage to find out exactly what was causing this problem please and did you manage to effectively solve it?