John O'Groats anyone

TC

Seeing as there wasnt much interest in doing 3 peaks does anyone fancy John O'Groats and a mix of Scotland.

I was thinking first weekend in sept as the kids are back in school and roads will be quiter but i'm flexable.

If you reply please say what dates/month is best for you, how many days you would like, anywhere you would like to include etc

I would love a shortish trip (not as long as a week) around Scotland - I thought the 3 peaks idea sounded great - I just neglected to pipe in :oops: I think I saw the article where a guy rode a scooter to them (or something like that). I've recently seen a few claims of "the best fish and chips in the UK" being in Scotland and think it would be fun to test those out too... :D

Is there a good biking reason to go all the way to JOG (other than to say you did it)?

Early September over a 4-5 day weekend could work for me - perfect timing actually.

sounds good, but until i know dates i can't commit. I'm sure me n steve can make arrangements of some sort, but would have to be weekend for me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi pumilio any other reason ????????? not sure. but then again why did we put a man on the moon. TBH mate its a destination with great roads going there and great roads coming back.

Debs I dont think its do-able over a week-end i was thinking of a long week-end fri-tues ish riding approx 200 miles a day.

I'll put together a rough plan of routes and dates times etc all flexable

[attachment=:name]

Hi pumilio any other reason ????????? not sure. but then again why did we put a man on the moon. TBH mate its a destination with great roads going there and great roads coming back.

Debs I dont think its do-able over a week-end i was thinking of a long week-end fri-tues ish riding approx 200 miles a day.

its certainly do-able in a weekend, 200 miles each day is nothing. raise that to a relistic 600 miles each day and your laughing.

its certainly do-able in a weekend, 200 miles each day is nothing. raise that to a relistic 600 miles each day and your laughing.

It is Hooch. We did Stockport-Oban-Ullapool and back in 3 Days.

But i think people will want to enjoy this one and take in the scenery

I was planning a trip to Scotland anyway so would be interested.

The very start of september would be OK but I have to be back on the 5th sept.

as a suggestion for destination - there are lots of routes on best biking roads around the Glencoe area.

Sorry TC, Will be doing the long way down in Sept :(

Heathrow To Wanganui Newzeland,,Got to do me grandad bit :D

New Zealand or Scotland. um let me think i know where i'd go Enjoyit the roads are supposed to be great :D