First ride after passing CBT

Bludoggo

2 minutes ago, XTreme said:

Yeh......and at one time (prior to the Z1) it was the fastest bike on the road.

But in reality it wasn't that wild......it had a much more even spread of power than the 500, and except for top end wasn't really any quicker.

The 500 had 60hhp and the 750 had 72bhp (IIRC).....and the 500 was quite a bit lighter.

Plus it had the on/off power delivery where under 6K you thought you were running of petrol.......and when it hit 6K it stood up on end and you'd find yourself looking at the sky. 

Lot of fun.......but at 25mpg you spent your life stopping at petrol stations.

my mate had one in gold an american import and he had it for a few years before getting a 636

• Like 1

Ahhh, the first ride.

I remember well. Riding from Peterlee to Cramlington in an absolute downpour after picking up the brand new
ickle 125cc bike.

Cacking myself, purely because of just how much rain there was. It was fun though, enjoyed it.

And the nikwax worked, I was bone dry under my non-waterproof (other than the nikwax coating)
gear.

It was on a 125cc Haotian Vixen (about 12 years ago!). The choke (I think) was set too low, and so it would keep stalling as soon as I let go of the throttle.

However, it was so noisy, everyone thought I was riding some kind of monster and didn't notice the 'L' plates until I had already screamed passed.