Meeting Points and Info for Matlock Meet 8 July

Please post here if you are travelling from Hull n Yorkshire to the Matlock meet on the 8th July.

Need someone who knows where theyre going, and meeting points and times.

vicki x

Edited by vicki

I'd take a map but find it difficult to hold and steer at the same time.

the holding and steering isnt a problem

its reading the damn things that gets me :?

Dont have a problem with the wind, I find having the map plastered to my visor makes it easier to read, at least until you get to a fold.

lol i will prob be going on bike :D

So look at the map where matlock is, and lets decide a route and where we are gonna meet :D

You're only 5 mins from us junk monkey - we're in Elland - you can meet and ride with us if you want to....

Ta muchly Bob.

Am told the A6 from Buxton is a good ride (but then some-one said that about my ex, so dont believe all you hear).

My suggestion from this side to get the ball rolling would be;

Halifax to Homfirth, (via a scenic route)

A6024 over the moor (very scenic and watch out for cyclists)

B6105 to Glossop (ok now I'm in new territory)

A624 to Chapel -en-le-Firth

A6 to Matlock Bath.

Ta muchly Bob.

Am told the A6 from Buxton is a good ride (but then some-one said that about my ex, so dont believe all you hear).

My suggestion from this side to get the ball rolling would be;

Halifax to Homfirth, (via a scenic route)

A6024 over the moor (very scenic and watch out for cyclists)

B6105 to Glossop (ok now I'm in new territory)

A624 to Chapel -en-le-Firth

A6 to Matlock Bath.

i will go this way has i liv in todmorden what time we all meeting and where lol... :P

IT WILL TAKE ABOUT 3 FOR ME . FROM WHERE I LIVE

I was thinking 3 hours too which includes the long way to Holmfirth, so that would mean an 8AM departure. however I've never ridden with a group so presume people might want to stop every now and again for nicotine top-ups, bladder problems, and the morning-after "casual chunder".

Would a meet in Elland, which is easy to access off J24 M62 help those coming from the Far East?

Oh, and has nobody ever heard the saying "Dont let the monkey navigate"? :twisted:

IT WILL TAKE ABOUT 3 FOR ME . FROM WHERE I LIVE

I was thinking 3 hours too which includes the long way to Holmfirth, so that would mean an 8AM departure. however I've never ridden with a group so presume people might want to stop every now and again for nicotine top-ups, bladder problems, and the morning-after "casual chunder".

Would a meet in Elland, which is easy to access off J24 M62 help those coming from the Far East?

Oh, and has nobody ever heard the saying "Dont let the monkey navigate"? :twisted:

Will they be riding camels?