Constands MidLift XL

Mississippi Bullfrog

I looked long and hard at various lifts for raising the whole bike off the ground. I have a small scissor lift that is handy for getting the back wheel up (eg lubing the chain) or just levelling it to check the oil level. But it doesn't lift both wheel off the ground. The Bobber has a frame with tubes running either side of the bike just below the engine. So this lift work brilliantly.

Easy to raise using the hydraulic lever, there are metal clips that lock in place as the bike rises so it is supported mechanically rather than just on the hydraulics (great for winter storage), and a foot pedal to lower it which means I can sit on the bike to lower it and then just kick the sidestand out as it reaches the floor.

Getting it into place on the Bobber is a bit more tricky as the position the lift needs to be in to balance the bike means the lift needs the side stand to be up. I do it single handed using either a paddock stand to level the back wheel so I can raise the side stand, or a simpler way is to use my smaller scissor lift to just level the bike, then slide the bigger lift under the engine which is a good balance point.

I bought it via the motea website. 500kg capacity. They often have sales on, today they are reduced from 200 Euros to 101 Euros - 49% off. 

IMG_20201028_102606098.jpg

IMG_20201028_121241566.jpg

• Like 3