Advice on best camera to buy, helmet or bike.

Hi folks

Tonight I was hit by a car driver who drove off, have no idea why I didn't come off bike, busted footpeg and gear lever and swollen ankle/calf where I was hit. Police happened to pass by 10 mins later while I was hobbling about and trying to figure out how to ride with a gear lever twisted round itself, however I digress. I'm looking into camera's but dont know whether to buy helmet cams or back and front camera's for the bike, can anyone offer any advice on what I should be looking for? Thanks in advance.

If it's purely for recording potential incidents a dedicated front and back camera fitted to the bike would be the best option, but with a helmet cam you do have the flexibility of recording what you are looking at which might get missed by a front and back system.

• Thanks 1

I have recently put an Innov K3 on my bike. It’s a dedicated front & rear system which is wired to a switched live so it’s a fit & forget. The quality is not as good as an action camera, but I didn’t get it for sharing clips. 
Have a look on Amazon or eBay. There are a good few on there at varying price ranges. 

• Thanks 1

First of quality has to be good enough to be able to make out a number plate if that's what your getting it for.

Clarity diminishes with speed on cheap cameras, low frame rates are crap when things are moving fast. 

Fixed cameras are easier to use, turn on bike and go, they do however record your entire journey which may or may not be an issue 😁 

Helmet cam looks where you do so as said will likely pick up stuff a fixed one won't. 

• Thanks 1