2022 Royal Enfield 350 Classic

fifthwheel

Signed on the dotted line yesterday for a Classic 350 delivery next year. It has the same engine as the Meteor 350.

Its a bit lighter than my FZS600 Fazer and obviously a lot less power but hoping I take to it.

I'm thinking I might have a test ride on the Meteor 350 to see if I can live with the smaller engine. I cant ride a Classic yet as they are not available.

Just like a kid at Christmas. John.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Old-codger said:

Have you got a picture of the new enfield.

Only what I found on the internet/youtube. The dealer had nothing related to the new Classic he admitted he didn't know anymore than me. MY22-Royal-Enfield-Classic350_ChromeBronze_1.jpg

• Like 1

Looks great and I have seen the meteor in the flesh at a launch at ceffiene and machine. The quality seemed in a oar with the 650s which I believe is good. I had issues with my Himalayan but the 650s don't seem to suffer with that. Main thing is picking a good dealer for support and that engine will be fine I'm sure no speed machine but bags of character. Cooperb ate a good source of information and great dealers for RE worth a ride out for a test ride with them if you are anywhere near 

• Like 1

Looks the part. A different riding style but I bet you get where you're going in just the same time, and feeling more chilled whilst at it.

I remember a mate swapping to a lower powered bike and giving himself more time for his journey. He enjoyed his more relaxed ride and found he got there within a few minutes of his previous fast and furious style of riding.

• Like 1

The new Yedzi and Jawa 350 bikes look good Mahindra owned and they are setting up the BSA factory Coventry way I don't think it will be long before they announce what they are producing some electric and some combustion I believe. Would he nice to see the Jawa and Yedzi in the UK 

Had a little play on the 350 Meteor, I knew I was going from a 75hp Fazer down to 20hp  but the difference was a bit of a shock to say the least.

The handling was very good as were the brakes. The gearbox was very smooth but couldn't get on with the heel and toe change at all. 

My boot didnt have enough flex in it to change up properly. Resting my foot on the left peg changing up meant I had to bend my ankle far too much

it was almost impossible to make changes.

Looking at the linkage when I got back to the dealer it looked as if the gear change pinch bolt was in the wrong position on the shaft. it needed pulling off the splines and refitting to cure the problem. The engine was smooth and willing and would lug if you were too lazy to change down.

To sum up if I bought the Classic 350  I would have to sell the Fazer 600. If I kept both bikes I think I would always

take the Fazer for the power and fun it gives. If I sold the Yamaha I would have to get used to the Enfield for what it is, slow down a bit

and accept old age. I only started looking for something else as the Fazer is getting a bit of a challenge weight wise.

The Enfield is 185kg as compared to the Fazer at about 220kg but it doesn't feel 185 it feels a lot lighter. The first thing you feel coming off the bigger bike

is its almost toy like and very easy to ride. I have signed an order but the dealer wrote on the form that the deposit is fully refundable if I didn't like the bike

when it arrives. John.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeHorton said:

A change is always a bit of a shock, I'm sure something can be done with the gear change to make it work for you.  A good review and if nothing else a chance for a ride out!

Yes the gear change is a very quick job, pull the drop arm off the splined shaft turn it to the next spline then re tighten the pinch bolt. 

• Like 1