Guest happyboots

Guest markchris
Feeling guilty now...Seriously. I believe you've a 125, so in all probability it's just a cable. Dead easy to change and not expensive. I never used to buy new, used to get mine from a breakers, but a new one won't empty the bank.

Just a knurled nut under speedo, and one on the front wheel, to remove cable. I'm sure if you went to a bike shop and fluttered your eye lashs, some kind mechanic would do it for free.

You said that about mine - but it wasn't!! and mine still doesn't work!! I just count the number of lamp posts per second!! :wink:

Nah nah nah!! Said it was a cable...Now this lap top of yours...When you put the battery in, did you notice the + and - ? Well ...... :wink:

the top one about 76 quid and the bottom from about 55 quid..

TH EDT: hawk 28051907

A "presto" manufacturer based in Iwata, birthday of the only man to win big on 2 and 4 wheels

2/6

Think they work in the same way a speedo would on a pushbike..

was thining about putting in on mine as they look quite neat and tidy and certainly better than the standard clocks on mine (in km/h - jap import)

the prices are on the links too..

Hodgy - you still want to come and look at my speedo? (I don't mean right now :wink: )

If not i'll just take it into a garage this weekend - fed up of it now :cry:

Hodgy - you still want to come and look at my speedo? (I don't mean right now :wink: )

Yep no problem, just let me know when suits you

shame your not a bit closer i would have a look for you

Having just found out the price of speed sensors :shock: (someone pass me the smelling salts!!) :shock: I think this may be the option that I take!!!!

Have you SEEN the part?? AND THE PRICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well - a big thank you to Hodgy for spending all day today with his hands inside my bike!!

She's not fixed, but at least we are now certain that i need a new speed sensor, but as they are £125 :shock: i'm gonna look round some breakers first :oops:

Thanks Ian :D

No problem Nickki, your welcome, thanks for all the teas and coffees......(hang on I need the loo :lol: )

Let me know when you get the part sorted and I run and hide........... erm I mean come and fit it :lol:

Well - I now have a working speedo!!!

:D :D :D

Thank you Hodgy for your time, help and diligent workmanship!!

You are a star and drinks are on me on the next rideout!

:cheers:

And thanks for sorting the battery on the MG - I might go to Leicester in it next week - give it a good run out!!

Your welcome, no problem, always happy to help a damsel in distress :D

I'd decided, there was no way I was gonna let it beat me, it was going to work :lol:

Just got to go for a blood transfusion now, your bike really don't like me :cry:

:lol: :lol: :lol: