ecu issues

stewart clark

I have recently brought a 2020 honda cb500x and it won't fire up! the light come on and it turns over but that's it! i have had the seat up and can't locate the ecu? I'm unsure wether i need to purchase a new ecu or a whole new lock set with ecu included? someone said i only need a new reciever? I would be very grateful if anyone can help? At the moment, i have only spent 30 mins on the bike but, if anyone can save me time and money it will help me out alot! At the moment, i'm not sure if the people that stole the bike removed the ecu? so if anyone knows the location the would be a start???

1 hour ago, stewart clark said:

I have recently brought a 2020 honda cb500x and it won't fire up! the light come on and it turns over but that's it! i have had the seat up and can't locate the ecu? I'm unsure wether i need to purchase a new ecu or a whole new lock set with ecu included? someone said i only need a new reciever? I would be very grateful if anyone can help? At the moment, i have only spent 30 mins on the bike but, if anyone can save me time and money it will help me out alot! At the moment, i'm not sure if the people that stole the bike removed the ecu? so if anyone knows the location the would be a start???

I think that you could save yourself a lot of grief if you got somebody who actually knows what they’re doing to look at it. 

• Like 2

I'm sorry to say that this kind of post makes me suspicious because it's the kind of information someone needs to go out and steal a bike and then find out how to work around the immobilizer. So I would suggest you take the bike to a local mechanic and prove ownership of it so they can out things right.

This kind of information should not be shared on a public forum.

Apologies to the OP if that isn't helpful in a genuine case but if you buy a known stolen bike then you must have known the issue with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I'm sorry to say that this kind of post makes me suspicious because it's the kind of information someone needs to go out and steal a bike and then find out how to work around the immobilizer. So I would suggest you take the bike to a local mechanic and prove ownership of it so they can out things right.

This kind of information should not be shared on a public forum.

Apologies to the OP if that isn't helpful in a genuine case but if you buy a known stolen bike then you must have known the issue with it.

My thought was why is he thinking ECU, modern ECU’s are fairly reliable…. Many other reasons a bike won’t start…