Tracer 900gt

Gaz45

Purchased a 2019 tracer 900gt and didn’t like the riding position ( feet to close to pillion feet and some other niggles ) sold and had various  bikes since but fed up buying the wrong bike.

been today and looking at the new 2022 900gt the dealer has told me it a totally different bike so going for a test ride next week.

what’s everyone’s opinion ?

thanks 

You're doing the right thing by test riding. Only you will know if it feels right. 

You didn’t say what other bikes you’ve had in the meantime. 

I had a Tracer 900 from new in 2015 and kept it for two years. I then bought a Versys 1000GT new. It’s probably the best bike I’ve owned and I have no intention of getting rid for another few years. 

1 hour ago, Gaz45 said:

Purchased a 2019 tracer 900gt and didn’t like the riding position ( feet to close to pillion feet and some other niggles ) sold and had various  bikes since but fed up buying the wrong bike.

been today and looking at the new 2022 900gt the dealer has told me it a totally different bike so going for a test ride next week.

what’s everyone’s opinion ?

thanks 

I had a few niggles with the 2021 900gt the seat used to make me slide into the tank but was comfy enough. Loved the engine but for 2 up fully loaded touring I found the suspension a bit lacking. I believe they have improved this on the 9gt. I didn't feel the quickshifter was great either. I think there are a few more updates planned for next year the split lcd display changing to a conventional one and possibly radar cruise control. I opted for the africa twin adventure sports and does everything well for me. Take as many test rides of different bikes that you can. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, fullscreenaging said:

You're doing the right thing by test riding. Only you will know if it feels right. 

You didn’t say what other bikes you’ve had in the meantime. 

I had a Tracer 900 from new in 2015 and kept it for two years. I then bought a Versys 1000GT new. It’s probably the best bike I’ve owned and I have no intention of getting rid for another few years. 

BMW s1000r

ducati Supersport 

honda crosstourer dct 

I had the Tracer 9GT last week and the only issue with the feet was not hittin the rear pegs, but the centre stand other than that I quite liked it. The suspension is improved and the throttle way less digital.

• Like 1