Roadskin Taranis Jeans

So I wanted a 'better' pair of jeans for the little trip to Spain I just took. I've been wearning RedRoute jeans, which being on the baggier side are more cut how I like my jeans. 

I took a trip down to Roadskin and tried on the Taranis AAA rated and the Paranoid's which are also AAA rated, but they are more of a winter jean. The Paranoids are on the looser side of cut's, but much heavier due to the seperate full length internal kevlar lining.

The Taranis are what I'd class as skinny fit, they are woven kevlar and have an internal mesh liner. They are also a stretch material, so once you get comfortable on the bike, there's no digging into your body. The knee has double pockets to adjust the height, which I initially had in the top pocket, but soon moved to the lower as I found it didn't really cover the knee. The hip sits in just the right place, and wearing the jeans all day never became annoying for digging into me at any point.

They offer two types of protection padding. One is like a D30 yellow (but not D30) and he other being a black ghost type armor. I fitted the black from the get go and not looked back, I'm sure I'll give the yellow a go at some point but not in any rush.

Would I recommend them, yes. After covering just shy of 2000 miles on a 12 day trip with them being worn for everything other than the main motorway to/from they was my main pair for daily enjoyment. The only thing I would say is they are ever so slightly on the long side.

Hip.jpg

Knee.jpg

Roadskin Inner.jpg

Roadskin.jpg

Edited by Fish
  • Like 2

They are £179.99 but you do get a free pair of summer leather shorty gloves free. If you're a Bennetts customer you get 10% off or just sign up to the news letter.

I got this in the wrong section of the forum and should really be under the reviews section