Advice / Guidance fixing MT-07 Blue Wheels (Paint Issue)

CJD

Hi folks,

I’m hoping somebody can help advise me here, either on how to fix or where to go to find a pro! (Warrington UK area)

Last week i was cleaning the bike as usual and I somehow managed to scratch up the rear wheel of my bike while cleaning the chain grease from it. I don’t quite know how, I’m usually very particular about my cleaning techniques and know the basics around ensuring the cloth is clean etc. Anyway somehow i made a ‘school boy’ error and I’m gutted!

You can see the scratches in the pics. My issues is the Yamaha MT-07 Blue Wheel paint is not a gloss finish, so I’m assuming that if i try to polishing the scratches out (which on a gloss finish i have no issue tackling) I’ll end up damaging the finish.

Any idea’s on how i could approach this? Or if anyone knows of as local pro? 

I’ve kept the bike in almost mint condition for 4-years so gutted i made such a silly mistake.

Thanks,

Chris

F6F8F2DE-3F28-488F-BAA3-6FEF65FAB684.jpeg

6F09623E-0865-49E4-9DDA-10A87547CFB3.jpeg

4AEAF41A-430C-4EC4-BAD2-6A569CEBAA59.jpeg

It's the same colour as on the tracer 900 when I had mine I ended up with a couple of similar scratches I was able to buff out I was surprised like yourself how easily they scratched. I'd try to buff them out first with a mild cutting agent failing that call around a few wheel resto places. I used one local to me who could do any colour pretty much but they were powder coated. If someone can't get the scratch put you may need to have front and rear redone else they might look odd. Was on my car but they did mine for £60 each and they were badly corroded. 

If you manage to sort it stick silicone type sprays on after cleaning or Acf over the winter. I used to find any potential grit stuck on ur back wheel on any oil or chain lube will come off easier when cleaning and not cause any issues. I bought a big bottle of rhinoshine in 2018 and use is post wash I've still loads left its great stuff.