Honda first service

Wirral101

I have just purchased a Honda ADV 350. I use the bike every day to get to work.

The dealership's workshop is very busy so I will have to wait a little longer to do the first service. I will have done 800 miles by the time I get the first service done. It should be done at 600 miles. I am not riding it hard so I am not worried about the effect on the engine. However, I believe Honda will void the warranty if I have done too many miles. Does anyone know what Honda's mileage limit is?

Thanks.

Why not email the dealer? Something like, "Dear Sir, I've tried to book my new bike into your workshop for its first service, but as there are no suitable dates available, by the time I can get a slot, I will have ridden 800 miles, not the 600 miles scheduled. If I bring it to you on this date, will you still be able to honour the warranty, or should I look to get it serviced somewhere else? Kind regards" 

Edited by bonio

Take it elsewhere. Its only an oil and filter change. any Honda dealership will be able to do it for you 'while you wait'. There is no requirement to use the dealership you bought it from.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Wirral101 said:

I didn't know I could use a shop that is not approved to sell new Hondas. That is interesting.

It’s an approach that’s easier to take if you are going to keep your bike well past the 3 year mark. Some buyers of nearly new bikes will walk away from a bike that does not have Honda stamps in the service book.  It’s also something that dealers like to see as it makes reselling the bike a tad simpler. “Full dealer service history” does have a certain thing about it. It’s also easier to keep on top of any recalls or software updates that inevitably come along with a new model. Including less important ones that can wait until the next normal service. I’ve found my local dealer to be quite good and to my mind it’s a false economy to go elsewhere just for the sake of a few quid saved on the hourly rate. There is nothing stopping you buying your own service parts, which are often much cheaper on eBay than from the dealership. For example spark plugs and air filters.

• Like 1