Gsxr Handlebar Raise

Lea87GSXR

Hello People.

So to start, I have a Srad 98 600. My first bike bike passed this year. I use it daily for work, really getting to my back and wrists.

I am in the process of installing a straight bar. I have took it upon myself to drill and attach the risers in the photo.

I am looking for constructive criticism from you guys and girls. I have drilled through the original yoke, is this going to be safe enough? Added jb weld to all parts.

thanks for reading 

A43546BC-A340-4DC1-9976-2EF8E87B9CE0.jpeg

47EB8643-C47F-4E2C-B354-60E5CE7A579E.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Nice bike, Pretty much the same as neighbours.

It wouldn't been my way for this particular bike.

From the pictures: bars / levers look like it could foul the screen and its surround at lock to lock (cut out section is for the clipons lower down but raising and coming back to bubble the rider) are fixed in place to the chassis, unless your planning to fit really narrow and tapered bar to the tank to allow movement or dremel the the surround like a street fighter/ tuono?

then fit the mirrors back on, if you have to modify the screen and surround for the bars, make sure you have thought what to do about them or choose end bar mounted ones for an example for they have to go somewhere on the bike, legally.

Have you checked there enough length for no blinding, stretching etc for the clutch, choke and brake lines? Now that they will have to go at least 4-6 inches higher up also taking into consideration of the forks to raise and lower while the steering is at full lock left to right so the lines travel is now further. If not this will need longer lines or custom from venhill or hel etc.

the brake fluid bottle has a very high chance of catching the screen as it sits higher and further forward than the bars themselves just like the levers.

Is the riser accepting the same bar diameter as the clip ons while correct width and taper your looking for/require? If not you'll have to source some throttle and clutch mounts that will fit those bars.

Edited by RideWithStyles

So what I’m thinking is on the attached photo. I have enough room to pull the throttle/clutch/brake cables though. So they are sitting directly infront of the new bars. Hopefully giving that extra needed length, or it’s new ones.

The original clip on’s are 22mm so hopefully will go straight onto my new 22mm bar.

As for the mirrors, I have bar end ones on order. As seen people state you visually wont be able to see anything. Except your arms from the stock mirrors.

If I have to I’ll cut the front screen. 

my end goal is looking at a street fighter.

thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

0D4988CB-B515-446A-BE94-2B536C2E8471.jpeg

Edited by Lea87GSXR