yamasaki db50 de restrict?

50Rider2445

As its a four stroke it would cost a fortune for hardly any gain as for adding a 70cc kit that would make a little difference but then unless you are 17 you could not legally ride and you would have to notify your insurance of the conversion. It is not worth the hassle just ride it get some experiance and get a 125 at 17 and move on up. 

• Like 1

I read about this bike a couple of years ago, it's crazy that someone made a 50cc 4-stroke to me. As it only produces just shy of 3 bhp. My old RS50 had about 8BHP for reference, and would do about 50-55mph with the standard derestriction. In short, it's not restricted from what I can tell. 

There's a 70cc kit online, that comes with a new carb and appears to be really cheap. But no one here can condone that route, as it would be illegal if you're only 16. If you're older, then that's the route to go, but it will likely only see you get to 40mph. And it will be a lot of effort unless you're quite mechanically competent. 

Would suggest just getting a bigger bike when able. 

put the money that would be wasted on a "kit" to riding classes/coaches to avoid crashes, you aint faster if you crash or in A&E.

Concentrate on riding skills which will make you a safer rider and insurance directly or indirectly cheaper so a better/bigger bike is possible when you can upgrade later on.