Have I missed much?

RiffmasterII

On 03/12/2023 at 13:44, Fozzie said:

Welcome back!

Forum has changed a lot. A lot of people have come and gone, with one or two flounces that I always seem to miss :lol: 

I think the last time I saw you was on a ride out with Phil Young around 2014? I was on a blue FZ6 then, waiting for my insurance to go down after a pair of CBR600s got pinched. Now on an SV650 as I spend most of my money on projects. What old bike have you picked up?

2014? You sure that was me? I do remember you on here. I've picked up an old Honda Varadero, long story but only bought it as my work commuter car had broken down and my mate had the bike for sale. Turns out it's not to be to be fair, just nice to get back on two wheels again.

Did you ever get the insurance sorted out?

On 02/12/2023 at 09:09, mealexme said:

They got rid of the chat function too.

That's all I can remember. I can't even remember what it used to look like now

I'm pretty sure last time I was here you had a 125 and couldn't wait to get on something bigger? Thet chet room was utter rubbish! 

On 24/12/2023 at 01:11, RiffmasterII said:

I'm pretty sure last time I was here you had a 125 and couldn't wait to get on something bigger? Thet chet room was utter rubbish! 

In that time, I got something bigger, something bigger again, got a second bike, sold them both, left the forum for a couple of years, then bought two more bikes, so you've been gone a while haha.

• Like 1

On 24/12/2023 at 01:09, RiffmasterII said:

2014? You sure that was me? I do remember you on here. I've picked up an old Honda Varadero, long story but only bought it as my work commuter car had broken down and my mate had the bike for sale. Turns out it's not to be to be fair, just nice to get back on two wheels again.

Did you ever get the insurance sorted out?

I'm sure it was, or at least someone said "that's Riffmaster" when pointing out the ZX14. My memory is pretty stretched going back that far as life events were thick and fast for me at that time, but I've got it in my mind you were police or ex police? 

I just waited 3 years for the first claims to drop off. Once the thefts came off, insurance went cheap again. I'm on an SV650 now, which at the time was like £3k to insure, vs now about £170 fully comp. I'd much sooner have had an SV over the FZ6 as it felt a very breathless bike, you had to wring its guts out going anywhere.