Duke 390 2015 won't start

tim9

Hi guys, so I've been struggling to work out why my bike won't start.

It had been sitting for about 3 weeks.

First attempt I could hear the starter motor but wouln't surn over. After about 10 attempts the battery died.

I could smell the fuel so thought it was the spark plug, so fitted a new one and charged the battery, with no success. 

Next I fitted a new battery still no use.

My recent discovery was when puting it into 1st, and trying to start it with the clutch in. The bike tries to learch forward. 

Not sure if that suggests a clutch issue?

I've got fuel and don't see any issues with the wiring. 

Now looking for more ideas.

Yep it shouldnt lurch forward so Sounds like its still engaged,  Ill guess its a cable operated so its not pulling the clutch enough, tighten the cable slightly at the lever cable adjuster first and see if that improves it.

if the starter primes but wont turn over as the motor and starter is silent a couple of things could stop it.

1 kill switches of main or the side stand are still engaged.

2 bike still thinks its in gear and clutch lever not pulled in ( check the clutch switch below the lever which will be a simple 2prong plug) can be down to some brands like Suzuki and some triumphs are common.

• Like 1