decisions decisions!!!

while i was out looking at boots today i was looking at leathers too

seen some nice arlen ness ones at just under £500 :)

but also whilst i was out i got a quote to have all the blue in my leathers took out and replaced with gun metal leather and some leather took out and replaced with kevlar in the back of the legs where they dig in all that is going to cost is £80 - £90 quid :)

now just need to decide what to do :?

what would you do :?

Arlen Ness leathers are awesome, I'd have the same ones that were cut off me again any day of the week except they have stopped doing them now and I don't have £900 spare.

Are you getting your leathers tailored at a reputable place like Nine Lives?

Did the Arlen Ness leathers fit you like a glove or would they have needed a nip and tuck once you'd worn them in too?

yeah i will be getting them done at unique leathers here in hull and their work is good i have had things done by them before :)

to be honest i didnt try the arlen ness ones on as they didnt have my size in stock :?

I'm really lucky as I am Arlen Ness shaped LOL so they fit really well off the peg. Others have struggled so I'd try some on and see how they feel. If they are nice and tight with you in your riding position with back protector and the arms dont spin etc then I'd go for them if you can afford them. (they will if they are a race suit not fit very comfey at all when walking about and you will squeek a bit as your sack gets pushed inside you. On the bike tho they are cut to fit and mine were so comfy! £80 is a cracking price to get your current ones to fit tho! :)

Maybe I am just being a hypocondriact :?

yes you are :lol:

you will find that a small company will make better leathers then the big ones as they have a reputation to keep but their prices arent as competative

their is a fine line between safety and compatition and the big boys will always find that line :?

True, I should now as I am one of the small companies. But I have also known quite a few 'rogue' traders (not me 8-) )

Go for the modified leathers, £80 is nothing these days - But wouldn't pink leather look nice, with maybe some fake fur?

And Flipper I have found this funny rash down below...

stu what leathers are you currently using?

frank thomas :?

these have been bac for repairs a few times but have been ok for the past year this is another reason im thinking of spending £500 on another set of leathers rather then £80 for new panels on current ones

Erm stu peterborough end of season BMF rally is 17 sept weekend ya will get it a lot cheaper

good point

now how much fuel will that take in my car :?

230 mile round trip = £50 in my car :? so would have to include that in the price too :? plus tickets to get in if you have to pay :?

could work out more expensive :lol:

I`ve had RST since riding and done around 36k in the suits. Zips are a bit dodgy, I`ve had to replace the waist one on my two piece. If your going for one piece, RST are a good value suit and at around £199 plus your £50 petrol, £16 to get in makes it £266